Thread: Have to up dose from 10mg to 20mg, scared.

Have to up dose from 10mg to 20mg, scared.

Hi,

Next week I have to higher the dose of citalopram from 10mg to 20mg, I am really scared about this as I have only been on 10mg for a week and still feeling side effects, when the dose is highered are the side effects twice as bad or because the body has got use to the drug is it not so bad?

Christine.

Re: Have to up dose from 10mg to 20mg, scared.

I did the same at about 3 weeks in. I really did not notice any upping of side affects, my anxiety was through the roof anyway and the only other thing that continued was being a bit loose in the toilet.

After upping to 20mg, a few days later, I noticed a definite start in my anxiety subsiding. Still was a bit loose sometimes but that was it. I even once took a double dose and was fine!

A few weeks on and the anxiety was almost gone but I was feeling quite depressed still so I again upped to 30 mg and a few weeks on again feel quite a bit better with zero side affects!

Don't be afraid of upping your dose. 20mg is probably the most common dosage and for me was the point I started feeling well again.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that it has made me feel a lot better about it. I notice from your profile that you are a professional worrier, join the club, my partner says that if I haven't got something to worry about I will find something haha.

Christine.

Just close your eyes and bite the bullet! I am now coming back down the scale after a successful stint on 20mg. Went straight in at that dose and it was hell for about a week but well worth it in the long run. Creeping down to 15mg. Although I'd really be quite happy to stay on 20mg indefinitely!

Thread Information