Thread: Literally needing to urinate constantly.. Nerves? Help please!!!!!

Literally needing to urinate constantly.. Nerves? Help please!!!!!

I am having a lot of trouble with my bladdeliterally constant need to go to the toilet! I am getting married next week and I am nervous, but now that this is happening I'm petrified! I feel like I can't even leave the house,as soon as I do it's worse. I have been to a doctor but he has just assumed its an infection so gave me antibiotic.. But I've finished them and no change.I'm really hoping someone can help me! I don't want to feel like this on my big day :( help

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Or does anyone know of any medication I could take to help calm myself.. I'm assuming it's down to nerves. Just so frustrating

Re: Literally needing to urinate constantly.. Nerves? Help please!!!!!

Hi

Increased urgency or frequency of urination is a very common symptom of anxiety sometimes known as an overactive bladder. If you have an overactive bladder you can ask your GP for a prescription for trospium.

Trospium chloride helps to treat symptoms of an overactive bladder such as urinary incontinence, urinary urgency or frequency. It works by preventing spasms of the bladder muscle. This can help to reduce the episodes of urinary incontinence or reduce the frequency of passing urine or the feeling of urgency that bladder spasms can cause.

I hope this helps and maybe a short term prescription could help you get through this highly anxious time

Enjoy your wedding, lovely!

I suffer from frequent urination and had to go to the docs with it. I know it's made much worse by worrying about it so the first thing is to try and relax.
    It was hard to follow the docs advice because it went against everything I was doing, BUT IT WORKED.
    For instance.. don't avoid fluids but DRINK MORE.
    Don't take yourself off to the toilet everytime you want to pass water but hold it in for as long as you can.
    This will all retrain your bladder to hold more. It's easier to practise this at home so you're not worrying about it too much.
    You'd be surprised how much it can help in just one week.
    Remember that medication has side effects so find out what they are before you resort to pills. You really shouldn't need them!
    Have a wonderful day

I get this from time to time....for me it turned out that I was suferring from food intolerances, and my system was trying to flush itself of toxins by constantly drinking and peeing.

I also need to pee when I am nervous.

x

Quote Originally Posted by Lillaws54 View Post
    I am having a lot of trouble with my bladdeliterally constant need to go to the toilet! I am getting married next week and I am nervous, but now that this is happening I'm petrified! I feel like I can't even leave the house,as soon as I do it's worse. I have been to a doctor but he has just assumed its an infection so gave me antibiotic.. But I've finished them and no change.I'm really hoping someone can help me! I don't want to feel like this on my big day :( help

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Or does anyone know of any medication I could take to help calm myself.. I'm assuming it's down to nerves. Just so frustrating
    hey Lillaws54 I would try oxybutynin you get them from the doctor. They are awesome and they are suppose to relax the bladder muscle to prevent it from being overactive. I was the same last year kept needing to go I kept getting urgency and frequency an irritation. I am now on oxybutynin and my bladder has been the best it has ever been.

All the best aye.

Thread Information