Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this common with anxiety?

Is this common with anxiety?

I have anxiety spells which last a few days and then I seem to get back to some sort of normality, however after my last spell I've been left just feeling sort of numb.

I can't seem to enjoy anything or look forward to anything, normally I'd be happy that it's Friday and be looking forward to the weekend, but there's just nothing there, no feeling.

I also can't feel any love for anything, my boyfriend, my dog, I seem to have got it into my mind that I don't love them and just want to leave. Just so down at the moment

Re: Is this common with anxiety?

Try to do something fun or different with your boyfriend over the weekend. If you have problems, post back here for support.

Good morning

the numbess thing is common, i'm afraid.

It is your anxiety taking over and, i always feel, sort of killing off any other emotions, you might have.

Remember, you are having some normal days and that must be a good thing.

Take each day by day and dont beat yourself up.

Are you on any meds or, are you dealing with it yourself.

It sounds to me like depression, I get that numb feeling when I am depressed. Make an effort, take your dog and your boyfriend out for a really long walk, I find that always helps me, gets the endorphins going. It will pass, but you have to make keep pushing forwards, don't let it get the better of you. Stay strong!

BobbyDog

I was given anti-depressants by the doctor but don't really want to take them. I've been referred for CBT however the NHS waiting list is 12 months long so I'm starting sessions with a private practitioner next week, even though the cost is quite scary!

I bet the private route is expensive, but one worth taking. Good luck with that.

I suppose, if you feel you want to try not take the meds, that is admirable if you can do without but, you might find taking them for a short while, depending what it is, is the boost you need to get you back on track.

Either way, you have to do what YOU think is right for you.

Try making goals to achieve and something look forward to might be you feel good inside if that makes sense

Hi Kittyhan, so sorry to hear what you're going through. When i eventually faced up to it and told family/went to see the doctor I felt like a big weight had been lifted from my shoulders, it's scary but it did help me.

At the moment, I'm just getting through each day as best I can. Just wish there was better access to treatment through the NHS than there is at the moment.

Well after a terrible weekend I went back to the doctors, it turns out that I have got moderate depression too so I've decided I need to take the tablets. The side effects are pretty horrible at the moment though :-(

I am feeling like this just now. Can't motivate myself to look forward to anything. It's horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information