Thread: I hate health anxiety!

I hate health anxiety!

Hello everyone im new to this website, and dont really know how to start.

But ill introduce myself, im jake and im from the uk.

Right, i suffer so bad with health anxiety it literally makes me feel so down and scared that im constantly worrying im going to die. It all started about 2 years ago when i got diagonesed with general anxiety. Back then i would panic on public transpor,out with friends you name it. But half way through this i met the love of my life, and the anxeity faded and dissapeared. At last i thought!! I was me again!!

But.... About 4 months ago i was leaning out my window, when i felt a sharp stinging pain go up my right arm. I looked down and there it was! My phobia, a wasp. He stung me.

Immediatly after i started panicking, saying i was going to have a reaction, im going to die!! Then after that everything was bad again,intrusive thoughts,thoughts of having a heart attack,kidney failure,cancer(lung),stroke.

But my new addition to the worst illness ever,is whats been happening to me over the last few weeks. Thinking that my throat is gunna close up, ive had paramedics around,been to my doctors surgery overa dozen times. Im constantly reminding myself to breathe. Back before this i used to eat alot, and i mean alot! But now i physically can not swallow after afew mouth fulls. Im constantly thinking im gunna choke. And my body does not allow me to swallow. I havent eaten propably now for 2 weeks and have lost loads of weight.

And after all the paramedics and doctors telling me im not going to die, i cant help but think i will! :(

There has to be someone, somewhere who has been through this, and who i can relate 2 :(

Iwanttobehappy

Re: I hate health anxiety!

Hi Jake.

You're may be suffering with glogus hystericus. There's a lot on this site about it. Do you feel like you ave a lump in your throat a lot of the time?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ghlight=globus

I'm reticent to post Wikipedia as a reliable source but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_pharyngis

There is also a lot of good info on this site relating to the globus symptoms. I'd suggest popping to the docs as he'll almost certainly say it's anxiety related.

Good luck.

D

Re: I hate health anxiety!

Hi Jake
    I am sorry you have been so worried. In your post you said you had been given reassurance that you are okay, I know it isnt easy to do but you must begin to try to accept this. Try and say to yourself an affirmation like, I know I am fine, or I can breathe easily every time you get these negative thoughts. I have found this kind of thing a great distraction and if you do it consistently you will start to make a dent in the bad thoughts that are setting off your anxiety and making you feel uncomfortable.
    Anxiety is horrible but you must try and take time to relax as much as possible and challenge your negaive thoughts which are creating your physical symptoms. Have you tried CBT, I find this very helpful and incredibly comforting
    Take care and good luck, you can heal yourself and be happy again

Thread Information