Thread: fluoxetine 4 weeks anxiety getting worse

fluoxetine 4 weeks anxiety getting worse

Hi All,
    been on the happy tabs for 4 weeks at 20mg and still suffering acute anxiety from early morning until early evening. No so bad when I'm distracted, worst of all early morning. Fear and despair.
    I'm due to go back to my GP this week, but worry if the dose is increased the anxiety will increase too. What do you think>

Re: fluoxetine 4 weeks anxiety getting worse

Prozac will cause this - you are getting through the worst now - keep it up as it is a brilliant med - as was on the med for 15 years. From my experience do not up the dose - you do not need to - will make anxiety much worse - 20mg worked fine for me. I promise it will ease - worth staying with.

Good Luck

Laura

Thanks for the prompt reply and reassurance!

Hi Scamp - yes the side effects are not nice initially - I remember very well the heightened anxiety - not nice - may be your GP could give you a few diazepam - they can do that - to soften the blow - but tbh you have been through the worst. I did not fee my old self until around 8 weeks and I felt fantastic - wish I could find one as good as that one now! Just stopped working but gave it a good run for it's money I feel - but DO NOT go to 40mg!

Take care

Laura x

Scamp,

I can only speak from my own experiences, but what you're describing is exactly how I felt. Between weeks 2 and 5, I was more anxious than I'd ever been previously - particularly in the morning. It was horrible. By week 6 it had gone. I'm now on week 10 and for the past month I feel like I've been given my personality back. Fluoxetine has absolutely saved my life, and I'm really delighted that I stuck it out when it was tough.

I am in my fifth week of 10 mg fluoxetine now, and I still feel uneasy until noon. Hope it will pass. Well it is't really anxiety anymore, it's just a num sad and uneasy feeling. yesterday afternoon was nice, no worries

I'm the same as you Piano. I am in week 4 and nights seem so much better! This morning is actually a lot better than it has been though.. so ready for this to pass! Holding out for that 6-8 week mark

Hi again, this afternoon I suddenly got very depressed. It lasted for about an hour. It was really intense. What if I am on the wrong medication after all? I have been feeling gradually better, and now this sudden depression. It scared me and I wanted to call my doctor, but the doctor's office is closed, it's evening here now. I have been on fluoxetine for 5 weeks now, 10 mg, my doctor has told me the dosage is probably right. Have anyone experienced this?

Prozac never touched my panic attacks and anxiety - just the depression

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information