Thread: Can being obsessed that a room is cold make you feel cold?

Can being obsessed that a room is cold make you feel cold?

Hi everyone. I have previously had bad anxiety that my old house was haunted, I always felt cold but noone else did.

It got so bad for me that I actually moved back to my mums in fear of being haunted and that it was just me.

My boyfriend remained in the flat but I could not physically go in it without panicking like mad. Do to affordability issues my boyfriend moved out yesterday and I got my bedroom furniture returned to my room at my mums. (the room I've slept in since I was 10) since getting the furniture back I've been terrified it's brought any bad feeling from the old flat (in which everyone assures me there was none and it was my anxiety) this has led me to obsess whether I'm cold Or not. It's a weird feeling like I'm only imagining I'm cold,
    It's not a real cold.

Can this happen because I'm finding it hard to enter the room incase it's haunted now due to the furniture,

Thanks

Re: Can being obsessed that a room is cold make you feel cold?

Yes, it can. Imagine you are eating a really sour sweet. Imagine it really hard and you will find your mouth starts producing saliva. What we think can affect how we feel a lot, especially if we really believe it. Thats how thoughts can make you depressed, they change the brain chemicals to match your state of mind and all that. So if you really think about it going cold, most likely, your body temperature will drop. Happens more for some than others. Sometimes the colours of a room can make it seem colder as well.

As for the haunting fear...well there's no reason why everywhere you go doesn't have a ghost in it. Those stories you hear about ghosts are mostly untrue and nobody ever gets hurt by ghosts or anything. If you look at the old program Most Haunted, all that ever happened was creaks and knocks which houses make anyway. Consider the possibilites, it is mch more likely that maybe you were wearing less clothes than other people, or you were spooked by a scary film you saw and that set the idea in your head. I've never heard of furniture being haunted.
    Look, don't limit yourself, get in there and throw yourself on your bed, sofa, whatever and make it yours again! Even if the previous house had a bad atmosphere, the furniture is just cloth and wood at the end of the day, use it and warm it up again.
    This seems to be quite a phobia for you! You must work on facing your fear, doing the things you are scared of doing to prove to yourself that nothing will really happen. Paranormal stuff is really scary, I've been scared in the dark a few times too, everyone has, but you need to let your rational mind prove that your fear is out of proportion.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information