Thread: Negative thoughts

Question Negative thoughts

Can anyone give me advice on how to stop negative intrusive thoughts plse. I suffer with health anxiety and panic attacks and a bit of ocd but r constant negative thoughts another form of ocd? I cant seem to get control of my thoughts even trying to distract myself doesnt work. I could b reading a book but i always end up going back to negative thoughts and its destroying every part of my life. I have three beautiful kids and i just want to enjoy the summer with them but i cant cause im wrapped up in anxiety and negative thinking . I need help with this and i dont know where to start or what to do plse can someone help me. Im struggling big time.

Re: Negative thoughts

Hey Ella, I get the same thing often! It's like (for me) these thoughts are of another kind, someones pushing them in there where they're NOT wanted!! Haha. My therapist advices to
    1) Stop and tell your thoughts 'no' it may sound silly but if you get it out there and say 'no' to the thoughts by trying to block them off it can help.

2) Maybe at night, or some free time to just sit, or lye, whatever's comfortable and just stop- stop mulit-tasking, and stop thinking. It's called 'Mindfulness' just feel your breathing, know what's going on around you and just sit and try to control any negative thoughts by letting them all go.

3) Keep a journal near by and write down times, places, or thoughts you have. Then change the negative thoughts into positive ones.

4) Don't stress, take time out. Know what triggers you to feel anxious and what's causing these negative thoughts- whether you know you work yourself up, kids not helping out around the house, or if it's the annoying neighbor with that yappy dog.

5) Are you a music person? I find listening to music I really enjoy helps calm me down when I feel myself starting to feel a tad antsy and working myself up.

I don't know if any of it will help, I'm only 16 and these have been recommend to me, but if you're really worried i'd suggest therapy, they have some really good techniques to provent negative thoughts and anxiety

Brooke

Re: Negative thoughts

Im the same. My thoughts range from me worrying about the weather to the extremes of 'what if i become so depressed i become suicidal' , thats my biggest fear and my mind is making me pay for it. I would wind myself up to the point where i am crying like mad. My psychologist suggested mindfullness too and it does work, just need to stick to it! Xx

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Thread Information