Thread: Freedom From Anxiety

Freedom From Anxiety

Hi

I am thinking of buying a self help progamme called "Freedom From Anxiety" by Jerilyn Ross.

I would have to buy it from America and it costs anything from 200 dollars, I don't know how much that is in pounds.

I am thinking it is quite expensive, but I have had anxiety for 14 years and I am getting desperate for all the help I can get.

Do you think I would be wasting my money getting this programme.

I would be very interested in your opinions.

Thank you

Joanne

Hi Joanne, Yes personally I do think you would be wasting your money, I have been suffering anxiety, depression and phobias for about 40 years or more and have done what you are thinking of doing so many times wasting lots of money and no results. I have tried so many including CBT seeing a psychiatrist, Reiki different books and courses relaxation classes and all have been little help to me. I think the best help I have had is different bitts and bobs from a few different books, affirmations have been a big help, like writing down on card or paper I am healthy and in good health and keep drumming these affirmations into my head until I believe them. I think I am a lot better now than I have been for years as I now realize with phobias and health anxiety I have ruined many years worrying and 99.9% of the worry was for nothing. I will look up some of these book titles I have read and let you have them they did help me more than spending lots of money. Don’t do what I done waste years and years of your life worrying about things that will never happen. Hope this is of some help and if you want a chat PM me anytime. Take care. Vernon

Hi Joanne,

I'd be wary of anything that cost that much. I don't think anyone who was understanding enough to find a solution to this prob would be so callous as to charge so much. I had panic for 7 years before I tried exposure therapy. It then went away until I went on birth control and now I'm battling it again. I have found for me though having a few self help books by my bedside and in my car help. I've also printed out various posts from this website to keep in my purse and read them daily when needed. Are you in any therapy right now?

Hi Joanne,

I would say 'Beware!'

There are plenty of people out there who prey on the vunerabilities of anxiety sufferers.

And always remember there is no 'Magic Cure'. In the end you have to do it yourself, but we need some encouragement, or someone to talk out problems with.

Things that don't cost very much can go a long way towards the solution.

For example:-

This site
    Claire Weekes books
    joining a self-help group
    Taking a No Panic course
    Finding people who understand

And none of these take advantage of you; they are well meaning courses of action.

Get to know this forum and you'll see what is helping people.

Take Care,

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi

Thank you all for your advice. I have taken on board all the advice you have given me, I know that it's very expensive, (I've been told that with shipping and handling it would cost £170.)

I guess I am hoping for a "magic cure". I know in my heart that it won't be a magic cure, but once I get something in my head I get a fixation with it. It is so frustrating!!

I would appreciate your advice

Thank you
    Joanne

Thread Information