Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonoscopy pending

Re: Colonoscopy pending

I quite like clear soup. It basically has no bits in it. So they cook the soup then sieve it so you are just left with the liquid and no solids.

Yes if she is picking you up you will get sedation but you may want to try it without as there are restrictions on things you can do after having it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah, restrictions like not running about after the kids. Sedation it will be lol.

I'm stocking up on bovril.

HI Guy

Are you starving, horrible isnt it!

Clear soup is a consumme, usually chicken or beef, a soup you can see through with no bits in. Not very exciting but better than nothing. You could also drink marmite or bovril in hot water.

I'm guessing your colonoscopy is tomorrow, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by annette1 View Post
    HI Guy

Are you starving, horrible isnt it!

Clear soup is a consumme, usually chicken or beef, a soup you can see through with no bits in. Not very exciting but better than nothing. You could also drink marmite or bovril in hot water.

I'm guessing your colonoscopy is tomorrow, good luck!
    Hi Annette,

It's on Friday so the starvation will be on Thursday. I'm just planning ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc46 View Post
    Hi,

I had a colonoscopy last March and had worked myself up into a real state about it all but it wasn't as bad as expected, I didn't need to stay tied to the toilet I was able to carry on as usual inside the house and had time to get there when I needed to, I had planned all sorts of things to do in the bathroom, books, computer but didn't need to stay in there for long. I took my first laxative at midday the day before and only actually had to get up once in the night as most was out of the way before then and even managed to sleep. The procedure was a little bit painful at one point but nothing unbearable.

Hope all goes well.xx
    Hi Did you have the sedation with it?

My apt is for the 1st of Oct. got letter this am. I have two great bags of the moviprep stuff to take-2 litres! thought be one!. one at 7pm and the other at 6 am-so no doubt be on the loo al night. no sleep and no food-wont be so good next day. i get alot of palpitations anyway when hungry! I will be a wreck! It seems that it has electrolytes in it. so not sure whether i wil need extra. Why on earth two lots needed when you are not eating food!
    Not looking forward to this.
    Nigela x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information