Thread: trembling a lot- starting to panic

trembling a lot- starting to panic

hi everyone, need some help.........
    I come to bed and as soon as I lay down my inside tremble terribly, it's been happening for a week now really strong and tonight it's really really strong :(
    I am terrified and looking for some help/reassurance of any kind so if anyone can advise me I would be most grateful!
    it's from my stomach area right up, can feel it in my shoulders slightly.
    my legs have also been trembly,twitchy like when you shake involuntary from the cold.
    if I put my hand on myself I cannot feel the tremble in my hand but I still feel it inside.
    ive relaxed my body and my breathing is nice and slow/steady but that's making no difference to the trembling. my pulse is normal.
    I can't believe how scared this is making me! :(
    help!

Re: trembling a lot- starting to panic

Anxiety shaking or trembling is something that can be experienced in the arms, hands, legs and even the entire body may feel shaky and trembling. This symptom is explained to be activated because of biochemical changes that affect the brain and the nervous system. Such changes can also affect a wide range of other systems in the body which can cause such unpleasant symptoms.
    This biological change produces a body chemistry that causes the out-of-balance experience. It is seen as the reason behind many symptoms anxiety disorder brings. It has also been noted that such biological change also affects the person's thoughts and emotions, since both are influenced by the brain, and the nervous system.
    The experience of uncontrollable trembling or shaking that is caused by an anxiety attack is very scary. This in turn could immediately send a signal to the brain that something other than an anxiety attack is wrong. Usually a person will notice other symptoms associated with anxiety shaking or trembling. Such symptoms could be: numbness or tingling of the arms, hands, or feet. Weak legs, feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
    It's difficult and even frustrating to understand the symptoms you may have, but usually there are answers. Understanding and learning about your anxiety disorder will help you overcome your symptoms. By learning as much as you can about anxiety disorders, you will be able to overcome the causes of your anxiety, and live a normal life.

Re: trembling a lot- starting to panic

Quote Originally Posted by nervousmummytobe View Post
    Anxiety shaking or trembling is something that can be experienced in the arms, hands, legs and even the entire body may feel shaky and trembling. This symptom is explained to be activated because of biochemical changes that affect the brain and the nervous system. Such changes can also affect a wide range of other systems in the body which can cause such unpleasant symptoms.
    This biological change produces a body chemistry that causes the out-of-balance experience. It is seen as the reason behind many symptoms anxiety disorder brings. It has also been noted that such biological change also affects the person's thoughts and emotions, since both are influenced by the brain, and the nervous system.
    The experience of uncontrollable trembling or shaking that is caused by an anxiety attack is very scary. This in turn could immediately send a signal to the brain that something other than an anxiety attack is wrong. Usually a person will notice other symptoms associated with anxiety shaking or trembling. Such symptoms could be: numbness or tingling of the arms, hands, or feet. Weak legs, feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
    It's difficult and even frustrating to understand the symptoms you may have, but usually there are answers. Understanding and learning about your anxiety disorder will help you overcome your symptoms. By learning as much as you can about anxiety disorders, you will be able to overcome the causes of your anxiety, and live a normal life.
    nervousmummytobe your post has really reassured me. Last night I had all the symptoms you describe as well as my legs feeling like they wernt mine or like I couldnt move them but I actually could. I then woke up in the middle of the night with my whole body trembling and shaking uncontrollably it took about half an hour for it to finally settle down, my legs still feel strange and like jelly today and are having the odd twitch. Scary stuff.

Thread Information