Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram Diary day 21

Re: Citalopram Diary day 21

Dear Iggy,

I just wanted to wish you a nice weekend
    (To me it sounds like your body still haven't adjusted to the medication and that the cit is still making you anxious. But I am not a psychiatrist...)
    Anyways, sending you warm thougths, I am thinking of you

You still sound to be suffering so much Iggy. But well done you for pushing yourself to do all the things you have been doing for your little boy. I know when I was on Citalopram I still had anxiety way after 6 weeks and had to take Lorazepam each morning alongside it to help me cope. It was ag ood 5 months before I was totally anxiety free I'd say even though I'd stopped having proper panic attacks sooner but used to wake up feeling horribley depressed and had nervousness type anxiety which is what I am getting with the Mirtazapine now. But I went to Morecambe a few weeks ago and the anxiety was so bad that day being so far away from home that I couldn't eat lunch and thought I was going to be sick and I had a panic attack only a couple of weeks ago, which is why I know Mirtazapine can't be doing anything for me and I really wish I'd been brave enough to go back on the Citalopram despite it effecting me just the same as you. I'm just hoping when my divorce finally comes to an end I will go ok on my own as the thought of going back on the Citalopram just terrifies me even though I've had some absolutley horrible days on the mirtazapine so my parents keep saying they can't understand why I won't just go for it as I know it works for me! I know it always takes me about 5 months on Citalopram to feel completley normal though, def not 6 weeks like it says on the box!

really Karen? do you think there is hope for me?

as I have put many times letr me tell you what I have been taking

day 1 - 20mg
    day 2 - 40mg
    day 3 - nothing
    day 4 - 10mg

then 5 weeks on 20mg
    then 1 week on 10mg
    then 2 days on 20mg and now 5 days on 30mg

how long in your experience does it take for each increase to settle down? Im very confused and unsure of what to do

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Oh god, cant stop crying again, this has to be the worst antidepressant of all time, all I have done for the past 8 weeks is cry and be in a state of severe anxiety. surley somethings not working? could it be that it hasnt kicked in yet>

Dear Iggy, it sounds like it hasn't kicked in yet. Some people have posted on the fluoxetine forums that it took 3 months until they felt good. I think it is really great that you have been taking your boy to school you are brave

j
    Last edited by Iggy131313; 12-10-12 at 22:21.

Dear Iggy

Your blog has captivated my attention.

I would *really* suggest you go on benzodiazepines, as they are the first line of defense against axiety, NOT SSRI's.

Dear Iggy,

Have you had any contact lately with your doctor or a psychiatrist? Please get medical attention and help, I think you really need some support now.

Lots of hugs from me
    I am thinking of you

You poor thing, I really wish people who have a go could just feel how we do for one day and they'd soon not yell at us! I know it must be totally hard for someone to understand when they don't suffer themself but I make no wonder you felt heartbroken luv ):
    Citalopram is an horrible drug to go on and yer, I def still believe it is the start up of the meds causing most of your anxiety. I'm sure you'd love to be back to normal tidying up toys! And you will be one day (:

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

I forgot to ask, is there a crisis team at your hospital?????

I am officially ending this diary to try to go ON citalopram - and will now be focusing on my Adverse reaction diary where I attempt to go OFF citalopram!

Bloody Hell, this is a journey that I didnt expect, and REALLY REALLY didnt want!

It's horrible isn't it, hope you feel miles better off it. I'm defo thinking of asking to come off Mirtazapine as it's been 6 months of just not getting better, good luck Iggy (:

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

PS.I never had one side effect coming of Citalopram, it was always start up for me that was horrendous but coming off was really easy but I was 100% better each time I tapered off.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread Information