Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Citalopram Diary day 21

Re: Citalopram Diary day 21

Thanks Karen, I really hope it works out ok for me too. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. xx

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

But Karen, I thought you said you felt better on the mirt? are you thinking of trying something else?

Re: Citalopram Diary day 21

NO no, it's not worked at all for me (Mirt) it's made me 50 times worse but was easy to start up on! 7 months down the line I can't sleep on it though, I am depressed half the time and without the bigger doses of diazepam my doc initially let me take I am waking up having panic attacks every morning now so it's never ever going to work for me like Citalopram did and I wish I'd just gone back on it instead of being so scared as my life is just as crappy right now as starting up on Cit! I just can't stand the thought of going on Cit though and it taking 3 or 4 months to properly settle and my doctors won't give me higher doses of diazepam now I'm down to 4mg's a day and even when I took 20mg's it never truly calmed me down but I got some sleep at least! I was on Lorazepam back in Lincolnshire but they won't let you have it in Yorkshire! In fact they don't prescribe Citalopram at my doctors as they said in higher doses it can do something to your blood so they push Setraline at you and I had a massive panic attack 2 days after starting that the first time I ever needed an AD!
    So glad you have dared to just go for it and come off the Citalopram...I want off Mirt so much but I am bricking it incase I feel even worse than I have done this past week! All I've done all weekend is talk to health professionals on the NHS helpline, at the crisis team and I needed to get some more diazepam this morning from a walk in centre because I woke up as per at 3am last night in a total panic and had to use my last one meant for tonight! I really now think I have had an adverse reaction to being on Mirtazapine as I was never ever like this bad before starting up on it in March! I just thought it was always going to work though like Citalopram did but even though Cit was a nightmare to begin with, I did have good moments and days after only a few weeks but 7 months on a drug that I still need tons of diazepam with can't ever going to work surely!!
    I'm off to see a proper mental health doctor this week so just pray they'll know what to do as I'm so fed up now and it's effecting my Parents and so unfair on my little boy. We're both about to move out too as we've finally found somewhere of our own to live and I can't move in full time until I am a bit better as I can barely look after myself at the mo.
    Really hope you've had a good day today x

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread Information