Thread: My local Mental Health Team in 'Meltdown'

My local Mental Health Team in 'Meltdown'

This is whats happened to me recently. Feel a bit like I've been totally f##cked over.

My psychiatrist has taken me out of his normal clinic and will only be seeing me at my CPA assessments. I'm terrible at saying no and I didn't really consider the full ramifications of this at the time. I realise now, I've essentially let him take me off his books.

Beginning of this year my CPN / social worker left. It took 7 months till I saw someone new. This was last week on the 2nd.

Now this is the shocking bit.
    Earlier this week I get a letter from my MHT dated 30th (4 w/d days since I saw the new CPN)

Its saying I have an apt with a person I've never heard of, from the "led clinic" (anyone know what that is? Maybe a typo of Lead Clinic).

I phone them and ask what the heck it's about. They say my new CPN is leaving and this is the new person I'm seeing. This is all in less than a week. She didn't mention anything about leaving when I saw her.

To add to things my local day centre was closed due to government cuts. There's supposed to be a new building taking over, but nobody knows anything about it at the MHT let alone making a new referral to them.

I do suffer with issues of abandonment due to my BPD, but this just seems crazy.

I'm not doing too good lately, my SH and self destructive urges which I've been able to control for a long time have become overwhelming. I feel totally alone, I have no support from family and friends. And now no support from the MHT.

Don't know what to do.

Jim

Re: My local Mental Health Team in 'Meltdown'

Sorry to hear this Jimbo .It s really not good enough .I dont know anything about the "Led clinic But I DO HOPE someone can help you with this .If you feel you arent coping well .Please ring your GP AND talk to him about it all .He may be able to help sort it out for you .Please stay safe and its nice to see you back .Sorry its due to bad circumstances .Take care Luv Sue x

Re: My local Mental Health Team in 'Meltdown'

My GP is on holiday for the next 2 weeks. Don't feel comfortable seeing another GP, they wouldn't know me except from my notes.

Thread Information