Thread: A reply to a deleted thread today about txtspeak/gobbledook posts etc

A reply to a deleted thread today about txtspeak/gobbledook posts etc

Well, the thread is gone now. I don't spend twenty minutes carefully perusing a thread and then thoughtfully replying only the whole thread to then disappear. I would if it were a new one, but not one where mods had been involved for some time.

So, here's my reply to Johnno's (sp?) thread earlier. I would also like to complain about blue October's comment.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by blue October View Post
    I suppose leaving a site like this is the adult version of leaving home when your 6.

Pack some books, sit back and wait for the attention to kick in.
    So disappointed to see posts like this one on here.

The spelling and txtspk on here drives me absolutely nuts. I am (by training and previous profession) an English teacher. I also have OCD. Is that ok with everyone. or shouldn't I be a member here?

I of course understand the posts when people post in the midst of attack and don't get everything right (at those kind of episodes I personally don't care at all if you don't get anything right - it's understandable) - of course they can't, and I don't see anyone here asking for that.

At the same time, I spend an awful lot of time on the internet, and quite a few of those sites are 'sufferer' sites of one kind or another, but this is the site that is most incomprehensible more often (panic episodes completely excluded - I mean just discussing other things).

It's like some of the people on here generally don't care about others being able to read their posts (?) I find it bizarre.

I do, though, see a few posters jumping on to attack others like the one I've posted (interestingly, note the absolutely perfect spelling and grammar ).

Take your nastiness elsewhere please blue October, or try to be productive and talk through it.

Re: A reply to a deleted thread today about txtspeak/gobbledook posts etc

I closed it Peter because of the last comment and some others on there

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh dear I missed the 'your' instead of 'you're'.

That aside though, it seems to me to be a very carefully constructed post and a needless attack on (an)other member(s).

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Thanks Nic I understand but why can't you delete certain posts/censor certain people instead of just deleting threads which raise interesting (if contentious) questions?

Oh well off to bed, take care all

It is removed for now whilst we decide what to do and what comments to remove etc and we may put it back - not sure as yet.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information