Thread: Not a good day :-(

Not a good day :-(

Not having a good day already, I'm due to fly n holiday Tuesday morning and the anxiety has started already. I really don't understand it as I've flown lots of times before and it's never been an issue. It all started last night when I had a huge panic attack and ended up taking 5mg diazepam which my dr prescribed for the flight, I've never taken it before and it made me feel awful :-( and I now feel my fluxetine isn't working. I've woke up this morning feeling awful, all shakey, feeling sick and a headache and just feel generally awful.

Re: Not a good day :-(

Stay strong hun. I know it isnt easy! How long is your flight? Try to distract yourself until tuesday and just keep saying to yourself, 'i will be fine, it's just anxiety it won't hurt me' , and keep your mind busy xxx

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

I'd suggest that you avoid the medication. You said that you only took it once. Since you said that it felt awkward, I would suggest that you avoid it. It may work and be beneficial for some people, but once you experience something bad while using it, then decide not to use it.

Medication is great to use at times, but once a bad experience takes place, then you need to find another alternative.

I'd suggest that you relax completely before your flight. Why not get yourself distracted for now. Get your mind off of everything! Try talking to your doctor and see if there are any natural things that you can do. Anyways, good luck on your trip. You have an entire forum here to support you!

Thank you both for your kinds words, I know you're both right and I will not be taking the diazepam again as it honestly made me feel awful. My flight is only two hours and we do it every year so I cannot understand why this is happening :-(.

I have had the same, my mum lives in Spain, I have done the flight so many times but now I am scared. I think its because we cant run away. If you feel anx then go to the loo to calm down. Make out your scared of flying if anyone notices. Enjoy your trip x

Thank you dottielottie, I honestly dont think I can do it I feel awful just thinking about it :-(

Thumbs up Re: Not a good day :-(

I really do wish you the best. Just remember that FEAR doesn't stand a chance as long as you don't allow it to. Again, this forum is behind you!

Hi

I have had valium prescribed 2mg when required. Ive taken up to 6mg when iv had to go to the dentist or a hospital appointment, which, because ive got agaraphobia, believe me would be the equivalent of flying!!!

I also have reacted to nearly all meds the doc has prescribed and will hardly even take a paracetamol!!.

The point I wish to tell you is..... Valium has NEVER given me side effects!!
    It cant make you feel yuk. It was prob just the heightened anxiety, which must have been pretty bad, cos 5mg of valium shouldve taken at least the edge off it.

I def would take the valium. I would go back to your doctor and explain how your feeling and ask for more for the flight and more to tide you over for the trip. They really do help.
    Good luck and please let me know how you get on

Well I made it :-) I even managed the flight without any meds! I'd worked myself up so much I ended up at my drs on Monday morning crying like a jibbering wreck, I explained I thought the 5 mg were too strong so she gave me some 2 mg instead and said to take them when needed. There was a few days I needed them but I broke them in half and used them like that. we had a fantastic time and the flight home was like before the anxiety came :-) . Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement and honesty. U

Thread Information