Thread: Viral problem

Viral problem

Hello.

I've been knocked off my feet by an incredibly painful ear and throat infection this week - I was in bed solidly from Monday until yesterday. The doctor visited me at home and insisted that I had a viral infection which would clear up on its own. I had chronic aching in my joints, a fever for two days and my tonsils had swollen up so much I could hardly swallow a mouthful of water. Wednesday I felt a tiny bit better and managed to get some fluids in by holding ice in my mouth and letting it melt - soothed my throat and kept me from dehydrating.

Anyway, after having my first half decent meal today, I still feel as weak as a kitten and even a job like taking my son up to bed and reading him a story leaves me feeling like I've just had an extreme workout. I'm on antibiotics (which are making me a little tight chested and a bit wheezy) but wondered if there are any of you out there whom have had experience of how long a post viral fatigue can take to clear completely? On top of this all, I've had an awful taste in my mouth all day; my other half had a look and thinks that I've got thrush as my tongue is now all white and fluffy :(

Any advice would be very, very welcome today.

Thanks,

D21

Re: Viral problem

Anyone?

Re: Viral problem

There seems to be a lot of this around at the moment. I'm on my second bout in just over a month.

First time round I had the same symptoms as you also with an ear infection. This time I felt like I was getting a cold but it went straight to major catarrh and has gone to my chest. I have some fatigue but not so bad.

Thank goodness my health anxiety is under control, if I had this chesty complaint a month or two ago I would have been in bits imagining the worst!

With these viral things they can wipe us out and don't be surprised if your weak for several weeks after you get over the worst. Try to not over exert yourself and give yourself plenty of time to repair. When these things get on the chest it can take a while to get over but the Antibiotics will help.

Lots of things can look like thrush, you can try eating live yoghurt but it should clear on it's own and should not need treating.

Steve.

Thread Information