Thread: Heart palpitations

Heart palpitations

I'm really struggling with heart palpitations tonight, it's like my heart skips a few beats then makes them all up in double quick time. It's so intense and scary I'm really struggling to try and stay calm. I know it's only anxiety but I can't help worrying I'm having some kind of heart trouble. It's been relentless for past 5 hrs, it's now 2am, I can't wake my husband as he will just get angry, tell me to get a grip, etc. anyone have any experience of these? I have a long haul flight on Friday (hate, hate, hate flying) so I've been particularly anxious last few days, the symptoms are increasing everyday, god only knows what kind of state I will be in by Friday!

Re: Heart palpitations

Hey Gale, I know EXACTLY what you experiencing...I get these all the time! This is actually my main fear when it comes to health anxiety. I swear mine skips every 3rd or 4th beat. I know it really sucks but I try to tell myself its just anxiety. I've been reassured by doctors that I'm fine. I'm a 25 yo male, don't smoke, workout all the time and although I'm young and healthy I've convinced myself that something is wrong. I literally check my pulse everyday and monitor how many times it beats, it drives me crazy!!! Try to relax and not think about it, I guarantee you'll feel better after a night of sleep...also I noticed you're in Qatar, I'm deployed here right now...are you in the Deid?

Thread Information