Thread: Funny bump on palm?

Funny bump on palm?

Hi everyone

I have a very odd bump on the palm of my hand, when i wiggle my middle finger it goes up and down, feels like a joint has come out of place?! Could this be the case or any other ideas. thanks x

Re: Funny bump on palm?

It sounds to me like it could be a ganglion which is harmless and nothing to worry about...I have one on my foot. For your peace of mind check with your GP but I am sure it is nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much for your reply! I might build the courage to google that:-) x

Don't google anything else Honestly... I have fractured my foot and it is taking a long time to heal...I googled the reason why and wish I hadn't! I became very anxious about it and phoned the fracture clinic in tears. Luckily my consultant called me back and put my mind at rest and told me that I will be fine. Trust someone who can examine it for you, don't look at what it might be, you will only become more anxious I am sure it will be something simple

Thanks Annie:-) I'm too nervous to go to the doctors. Was yours sore? Did it just appear all of a sudden? I'm not sure if it's just something that's slwAys been there! Feel like I'm constantly trying to find something to worry about. My mind just won't let me rest. It has got no bigger but just feels odd. Thanks for your reply, hope you're ok xx

The only time it was sore was when I had pressure on it from support stockings I had to wear after an op (nothing to do with the lump!) Don't be nervous about going to the doctor. The doctor can put your mind at rest. My son had a lump on his neck which appeared suddenly and he convinced himself he had cancer, he went to the doctors and it was only a cyst. I know when you are anxious you always imagine the worst. I fell off a ladder 7 weeks ago and fractured 2 metatarsals, because it is still hurting and has not healed my anxiety got a lot worse last week..I convinced myself I would either have to get my foot amputated or imagined I had bone cancer! I sent the consultant at the hospital an email and he called me and put my mind at rest and I am sure if you visit your doctor he/she will do the same. From what you say I am sure it sounds like a harmless ganglion but I still think if a doctor tells you that then you will feel better. I will let you google ganglion but nothing else!

Haha that's all I will google, promise:-) I have convinced myself I have cancer, but saying that I have also have had 4 other illnesses in the past 9 months! This anxiety is really awful:-( cant talk to my husband about it anymore as the last time I had a meltdown he got quite angry with me and told me to get a grip. I feel very alone x

It is very hard for someone who has never suffered from anxiety to understand how bad it is. You are not alone though, we can all support each other to get through this

I can understand how ridiculous I sound to a rational person but just wish I had more support. Thanks so much xx

Thread Information