Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: West Yorkshire?

Re: West Yorkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by recycled hippy View Post
    Hi all

Just got back from our first meet. What a great and lovely bunch of people. Made me feel very welcome, had a great laugh and felt sad when we had to part. Must do it again soon.

A big thank you to BobbyDog for spending so much time and care organising it.

Peter
    Thanks Peter for your kind words, they are much appreciated.

I agree with you wholeheartedly and could not have put it better myself, so in your words "what a great and lovely bunch of people".

Roll on our next meet, November I think we said, though can't remember the date.

BobbyDog

Hey everyone,

Just on the bus on the way back from our meeting. I couldn't agree more, what a lovely bunch of people. I had a great time and can't wait for our next meet. Well done to everyone, we should all be proud of ourselves for making this huge important step. Hopefully we'll meet some more new faces at our nezt meet.

Take care everyone.

Rebecca

Wow, the meet this afternoon was brilliant! Was very sad to leave you all, but left feeling very positive and with a huge smile on my face! Hopefully there will be another one soon!!
    Was great to put some faces to names and was really pleased by how well we all got on! We needed no prompting to get chatting and at the end it felt like we had known each other for ages! :-)

Well done everyone for making the steps they took to get there, i know it was very hard for most of us, we should all be proud of ourselves!!! :-D
    love love! x

Hi Friends!

I am just home and overjoyed by such a lovely day and evening spent with such warm and beautiful new friends. I loved being in the the company of each and every one of you as did Antonio (who is now joining NMP )

I had such a good feeling about this meeting, but my expectations were surpassed! I am making Leeds my second home and plan to visit often. I will keep all posted on my visits and would love to spend time in your company again very soon.

We all did so well to meet up! I am so proud of this achievement and enriched by the new connections I've made.

Count me in for the November get together

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend one and all

Cat & Antonio xxx

Hi Friends

Couldn't agree more on all the comments about todays meeting. Still find it hard to believe it really happened and you are no longer anonymous names on the internet but REAL PEOPLE!

It was great how well everyone got on. The website here gives us so much in common. I never felt like a stranger, just felt like I was meeting old friends I'd not seen for a while and catching up with them! See you all next month!

Well done and a big thank you to everyone involved.

Tyke

Hello to one and all.

How fantastic that we all came away from the meeting with the same feeling, like we had been with old friend's that we had not seen for some time. The conversation flowed all afternoon and we all had happy smiley face's.

Getting to the venue was a very big hurdle to jump for most people, in my case it was staying there that was the long jump, but we all managed to "feel the fear and do it anyway".

What about Saturday the 3rd November 2012? Perhaps a little earlier that yesterday's meeting, 2.00pm Wetherspoons.

For me personally 4.00pm was too late in the day, the anticipation got the better of me and I had the jitters all afternoon.

Take care friends.
    Last edited by BobbyDog; 07-10-12 at 08:31. Reason: word

BobbyDog

i am up for that meet, im sorry i didnt go yesterday, been on such a high for few weeks now which is good and im feeling good which is good but that was just too much but i have told myself il defo go to the next meet. i have a halloween party that evening so if we meet earlier that woul be good then i got enough time to get back and get ready for halloween party???

3rd November sounds perfect! i like the idea of meeting earlier so we get longer together to catch up! :-)

:-D :-D

After the great success at the Leeds meet may I suggest for the next meet to be on the outskirts of Bradford at a country pub:
    The George and Dragon, Apperley Road, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD10 0PU at 12 Noon . On Sunday 11th November. (So not to clash with halloeen or bonfire night.)
    The pub has a good restaurant, large car park, next to the river, Leeds and Liverpool canal and is usually fairly quiet. Time went so quickly in Leeds so let’s make a long afternoon of this one

I got my priorities all wrong, for the Leeds meet up and ended up party planning, when I should've been going to Leeds. The party planning needed to be done, though, but maybe not up until the afternoon of the meet up. I did let one or two members know, that I wasn't able to make it, to Leeds.
    I had intended going all along and hate myself so much because I missed out on something beneficial.

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information