Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: West Yorkshire?

Re: West Yorkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by t0rt01se36 View Post
    I hope more people turn up for future Leeds meet up's. It'd be a shame if the meet up's get stopped, due to low interest.

I enjoyed reading how the meet up's went.
    Yes I completely agree with you, this meet has kept going for quite a while now, and I have made some wonderful friends because of it. If it wasn't for Speckles rounding her friends up to come along, the June meet up would have been cancelled. It is very difficult to be positive when no one shows any interest. We need new members to join us, and old members to come out of the woodwork.

Tomorrows meet will go ahead, we are still meeting at Yate's, but are going to go along and have a look at the The Scarborough Hotel which is directly opposite Leeds train station. Apparently they do a fantastic Sunday roast and also have outdoor seating, great for a sunny day like tomorrow. Hot, hot, hot.
    Last edited by BobbyDog; 07-06-14 at 17:17. Reason: spelling

BobbyDog

How did todays meet up go?

It was a lovely meet today. Great to see everyone. A great support network. Everyone's is so lovely and understanding.

It is a shame we are low on numbers. We would love to see some new faces as well as regular ones. Everyone would be most welcome. We understand it can be difficult and the first step is always the biggest hurdle, but we help each other through it. We are open to suggestions for new venues if it would be more comfortable for people to attend.

As a reminder, our meets will always run the second Sunday of every month. This is for consistency and so that people are able to plan ahead.

We look forward to seeing you at the next meet in July

Take care everyone

I've never been before, I'm very nervous about it but I will come to one of the meetups. I can't make it in July because I have something to do that weekend, but I will attend in August... will that be on the 10th? Would anyone meet me at the train station?

I think I'd like to come along to one of these meets! When and where is the next one please?

Hi stormborn and Elle.

It's lovely to hear that you're both interested in attending our meet ups. You are both more than welcome to come along.

Our meets are held at the Yates' wine lodge on Boar Lane, Leeds. We meet at 12pm and people stay for as long or as little as they like. There is no pressure.

We are open to suggestions in changing the venue if this would be more accessible for members to attend.

Storm born, we would happily meet you at the train station before the meet.

The next meet will be Sunday 13th July at 12pm, Yates', Boar Lane, Leeds

We look forward to meeting you there. If anybody has any questions or queries please post here or send me a private message and I will get back to you.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

I forgot to add, the August meet will be Sunday 10th August 2014

Hello again and thanks for the reply!

I'm definitely up for coming along. I'm a bit restricted due to my daughter and work but will be there as soon as one hits a day/time that I can attend. Thanks for making it sound so welcoming and friendly. That's half the battle won!!

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Are the meet ups always outside of school times ? eg, evenings and weekends?

Hi Elle,

You're welcome. We're all very supportive and understanding. The meets run every second Sunday of each month at 12pm. There are no plans to change the day and time in the near future. This allows people to be able to plan in advance and avoids school and the majority of individual's working hours.

We look forward to meeting you.

Take care

Rebecca

Great, I'll definitely come to the August meet. I'll post on here again closer to the time.

Not sure if the meet is going ahead tomorrow or not, as of this morning there wasn't much interest, apart from Speckles.

Will update in the morning.

BobbyDog

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread Information