Thread: We are creative!

Lightbulb We are creative!

Hey guys. So ive been having ups and downs lately due to some stresses going on at home; but last night a thought that wasn't negative for once popped up into my head that made sense.

People with anxiety are actually extremely creative. I mean, think about it. We create tons of scenarios in our heads that frighten us to thempoint of an anxiety attack.

When i say that we are creative i mean that our minds are clever enough to create all our worries and thoughts and how awesome would it be if we turned them into positive and helpful?

It just dawned on me the other day. I thought maybe it would get a few of you thinking

It's quite amazing really....anyone else think this?

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Re: We are creative!

I think you are SO right.

That is our problem, many of us, I believe, we are just so creative and thoughtful what we create in our minds is even more powerful (so it seems) than the real world.

When I was a child I loved fantasy books (starting off with Roald Dahl, then onto Tolkien, and from there on and on and on). I think I was always looking for an alternate reality, because the one we're in can be so painful sometimes (even - somehow - before I was consciously aware of that fact!). Perhaps, I think, I found fantasy and magic first, and then later on when 'reality' came knocking at the door I already had a 'safe' world that I was happier in (?)

I still love fantasy and 'escaping', but along with that I am trying to face up to reality more and more, and as best I can, and I think that's helping me hugely

This is very true. Many writers, artists and musicians suffer from anxiety depression. We are in good company

Avoidance is one of my biggest problems :( And I know that's all tied in too...

im only happy when im playing my guitar. It seems that my anxiety completely disapeasr and i turn into a musical being, that had no thoughts, only the music and what goes into it, what comes out.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

A song I have been playing a lot recently (and am going to listen now just before I fall asleep!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAh6fk0KD1c

I daydream and I'm constantly creating fantastical scenarios in my head when i click into reality all the negative thoughts crowd in and I get depressed.

Thread Information