Thread: help!! scared to stop taking lansoprazole

help!! scared to stop taking lansoprazole

hi ive been on lansoprazole for nearly 7 weeks at 1 a day (30mg) i had a barium swallow proir to the med and the doc said it was nothing more than mild acid reflux probably due to stress from a itchy rash i had for months (which the docs didnt know what it was) anyway eventually i was sent to see a dermotologist and she said i had choloronic hives so the stress was caused from the rash and not knowing what it was ect... and for a while i kept stressing late in the evenings that i was going to have a severe allergic reaction from the hives and would shake uncontrolably and going hot ect.... and since then ive had this weird feelings in my throat like theres air bubble trapped or something in my throat and somtimes when i eat i have `a feeling of a bit of food is stuck there also after a few minutes of waking i get this feeling with the trapped air (its hard to explain) sometimes i can go for a day or so without this air feeling and its led me to believe theres nothing serious going on there otherwise i would have it all of the time... am i right thinking this ? so does anyone think this feeling is the throat spasm from globus? or acid reflux this is why im scared to come off lansoprazole because im thinking it will get worse if the throat thing is to do with acid reflux.... i dont get any burning in my throat or chest but do get mild tummy ache sometimes.... the doc sais, she thinks its a bit of acid and globus taking lansoprazole hasnt stop the throat thing so i dont know whats happening to me..... sorry to ramble on and can anyone else relate, thanks

Re: help!! scared to stop taking lansoprazole

anyone ?

Re: help!! scared to stop taking lansoprazole

I see its not a New post but will reply .....i,m on lansoprazole and have been for 2 years now , i get all the symtyms you get , it can go for months but comes backs if i eat the wrong thing . I,ve got it bad the last 2 days with bloating / globus and lower stomach burning but it does go , but once it kicks off it can take weeks to go
    If you need a chat you can always pm me as i don,t come on here that much these days and i will see it in my email addy but the site has been a great help over the years which i thank everyone for .

Thread Information