Thread: AD's my 7 days in hell

Unhappy AD's my 7 days in hell

Hi, I'm new to the site, I have been reading through people's experiences of anxiety and depression and have found some very good advice. I started citalopram 7 days ago at 20mg and have to say the side effects are horrific. No sleep, no food and difficulty getting up. I am persevering tho as I couldn't go on as I was before. I have been depressed I believe for years. The AD's must be starting to do some good as I've made the effort to join and type something albeit from the safety of my bed.

Hi Holly69

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: AD's my 7 days in hell

hi holly 69 myname is denise its a while before the meds kick in so hope you feel better soon x

Hey Holly69,

You are doing really well considering you started on quite a dose 20mg, hopefully in a couple of weeks you will start to feet the benefits.

BobbyDog

It's just the crippling anxiety, I feel I can't move, speak, take an interest in anything. Have thoughts in my head going round and round until I could scream. I just need it to stop. I'm on holiday from work for a week but am already panicking about going there. One advantage I have seen whilst just beginning the meds is an ability to drive without dizziness which has impacted on my life greatly in the last few years. I just need to be able to sleep now and eating something would be good.

Thread Information