Thread: Women's stuff

Women's stuff

I've only just got my head clear and over my anxieties relating to my MRI results and today I have my smear [:I]

So, I'm already assuming the worse and that I'm going to get recalled because my results will be abnormal. Why can't I just be normal and stop worrying?

Feeling rubbish already this morning :(

Hang in there. I'm sure you went and everything was fine. I get scared like that too. The what ifs are the worst. And if you're panicked, the test itself will be even more uncomfortable!
    I'm sure you're just fine. Anxiety bites!

Hi Jenny,

Try not to think about it, I am sure everything will be fine, just remember smear tests are routine.

Love
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hi i had a smear last week and im panicing too...im terrified they will send me a letter telling me i have cancer...the thing is i asked to have mine early because i started worrying one day about cervical cancer....
    we are so silly im sure everything will be fine and as ive been assured if any abnormal cells are found they will be dealt with....we have to stop worrying

Hi Jenny, I had mine done last year. i had already had problems and i was in such a state, but guess what, mine was clear and i wasted weeks worrying about something that didn't happen.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Jenny,

i'm due one soon and i'm already worrying. Our minds just seem to find things to worry about.
    I'm sure you'll be fine, its just routine as someone else said.

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

thanks guys. Well it went OK. I must say though it must be one of the most unpleasant things we have to go through but it's done now for another 3 years.

I had a nice chat with the nurse but it still played on my mind driving home. All those "what if's". Arhh, I hate this health anxiety. Why do our brains do this to us instead of letting us enjoy our life eh?

if only it was that easy, but im sure your results will be just fine, look at a smear as a positive step to taking control of your health not something to dread

your not alone with these fears

jackie

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> a positive step to taking control of your health not something to dread</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    that's a very good point. I shall use this to my advantage in that I'm doing something positive to keep healthy! [^] Thanks for that!

Hi there - I posted back in April 'cos I had my routine smear and it really really hurt.

Where I live the results are taking about 10/12 weeks to come back, but I received them last week and had to read them over and over to make sure it really did say "normal". So there you go!!

It will all be fine! As my nurse pointed out to me, cervical cancer takes years and years and years to develop, in fact even the initial "abnormal changes" can take about 5 years to develop (hence the 3 year gap for smears) and so if your smear was normal last time, it will be fine now!

Still didn;t stop me worrying though - but what a waste of time!! What are we like eh????

Take care

SB xx

Thread Information