Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 weeks on fluoxetine, feeling very low

5 weeks on fluoxetine, feeling very low

I have been on fluoxetine for 5 weeks now. I have had some days when it has felt as if it is starting to kick in, but today I am feeling so depressed. I went to my dr today, and he said it would take another week to see effects, but I am afraid I will never get better. Please give me some encouragement, I am feeling so low

Re: 5 weeks on fluoxetine, feeling very low

I'm just coming up on 5 weeks and my anxiety is still very high. However, I've been on prozac a couple of times and it's a bit of a slow burner. My Doc reckons 6 weeks before you see an improvement and from my past experience, thats probably true. Even then, it is a gradual process. So, I know it's difficult because I'm in the same boat, but patience is the word. Just keeping chipping away would be my advice.

Thank you!!! My doc also said 6 weeks. Today I feel like I will never get better, it is so hard.

Today is my 5 week mark too, still super anxious in the mornings and then I get depressed about it. My doc said I really need to be patient, we can do this together

Yes that's exactly like me, super anxious in the morning and then I get really depressed about it.

I'm just at 4 weeks! I feel CRAZY! I feel like a maniac. But look at your progress already. You've said that you've felt like it was kicking in, it can only get better!

Tonight has been a crazy night for me, I feel like I'm bi-polar! But trust what everyone says. It will be worth it!

Were in this together

hello, Ive come to join the party, Piano and I talk alot but its very reassuring to hear that others are still feeling crappy at the 5 weeks mark, (in on week 5 of citalopram 20mg) I wish the dr would knock me out for the next couple of weeks so I dont have to live through this anxiety fulled hell

and me too, I feel anxious and then I break down crying about it and how my life is ruined by the tablets.

Its hard to imagine a day that we will all be saying, morning feel great how about you!

Hi guys
    I'm just coming to the end of Day 13 of being on 20mg of Fluoxetine. The initial few days were a bit disconcerting with the side effects but they were manageable, however the last few days have been bloody awful - I'm waking up early every day, have felt very low the last couple of days (when I haven't really suffered badly from depression before) but I feel like my body is overloaded with something - my appetite's off, I feel a bit nauseous, quite dizzy and my limbs are wobbly.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly anxious (the anxiety had been more prominent before I started taking the pill if I'm being honest) but at the same time I'm not sure how much more of this I can take! I'm struggling to find the energy/impetus to do everyday things, I don't really feel "here" and I don't really want to see anybody at the moment because it just feels like it's "too much".

The doctor did say if it got too much that I could cut back to 10mg (given the half-life of the drug it is possible to take it every other day) but the masochistic part of me wants to keep going I don't know what to do - another potential 4 weeks of this doesn't really seem like an option

It took me 5 whole weeks before I noticed any changes.

Even now (I'm halfway through week 7) its not all constant. Some days I feel great, some days I feel really low. Overall though, I'm definitely feeling better than I have been - and I think that I'm still adjusting to the meds. Thinks like a lack of sleep, too much alcohol/sugar/caffeine can have an impact on anxiety levels, so I'd try to stay as healthy and in as much of a routine as possible, at least until you get used to the medication.

Hi, I'm on 5 weeks too, thought I was getting better then I had a little knock to my self-esteem and I was right back at the anxiety all day again today. Please someone share that it will pass!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information