Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 5 weeks on fluoxetine, feeling very low

Re: 5 weeks on fluoxetine, feeling very low

Dear Scoobydoo, here is a big hug for you! I hope the new med works better for you!

Dear kwack, sending you love and support. What dose are you on? You should really tell you Dr about how you are feeling. And remember, we are all in the same boat here, so please come here for support.

Janine, love your posts I am a bit up and down after I upped the dose, so your posts are helping me getting my hope up. Feeling fine now, but quite nervous earlier today...

Asgard, 5 weeks was a really low point for me too. It was really bad. Sending you hugs and support I thought I would never get better.

Sending all my fellow strugglers warm hugs

Hi Piano,

I've been on fluoxetine for 6 weeks now, been back to the doctors, she said to keep going for another 2 weeks, so 8 weeks she said to see a difference. I went back becauseI feel that this is not the right med for me...anxiety in a morning is really bad, dizziness and lost my appetite. ........... but I have to say though some days this week have been better than others. So keep going..

Dear Katie, sending you warm thoughts. What dose are you on?

Dear all fluoxetine strugglers, I want to send you my support.

Reading this thread has been great! Im at 6.5 weeks and had a blip today which got me down. I just want to feel like myself but Im glad to see that others had blips as well in the beginning!

Hi, an update on the increased dose: I upped the dose 6 and a half weeks ago, and it kicked in during last week. Still not constant, but so much better than how I was. A little anxiety still, but it is more like an exciting, fun feeling

Hugs to you all

To help the medicine working, I read Claire Weekes book Hope and help for your nerves, I go to yoga class, I do CBT, I go to EMDR therapy, and I started going to work again. I also do horsebackriding. It has been hard work trying to get back out of my bed, but now I think I see the light in at the end of the tunnel

Glad to hear you are doing so well, it is so lovely when the meds kick in, it is like you can just see straight again and feel positive, it is great that it means you will be able to enjoy the run up to Christmas with your family, that is one thing I am enjoying even though it is tinged with sadness because of losing my dad and of course my mum and the way she is behaving (maybe he three of us should secretly give our mothers fluxotiene and see if their behaviour improves) I still find it hard to get out of bed in the morning but once one foot on the ground I forget about it, it is good you are doing all these things to help you too so now with the increased dose you stay like it and continue to improve.

I have been really busy this week and have a hectic week next week I would never have coped with it a few weeks ago.

Keep in touch, we know we feel better but we still need each others support, I know I do.

xxxxx

Hi im at about 5 weeks and have had a lot of ups and downs with some horrific anxiety side effects but the last two days have been very good for me, im expecting a down day again soon but the better days are outweighing the bad days, stay positive xxx

Still doing fine

Sending you all a big hug

You will be fine

Good to hear from you, it is good that you are still doing well.

xxxx

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information