Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to start learning to drive but so anxious!

I want to start learning to drive but so anxious!

Whenever i say to someone that im anxious about learning to drive they always say that everyone is nervous at first...if you suffer from anxiety then you will probably feel my frustration when people compare anxiety to nerves....MAHUSIVE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!!!!

Any tips? I'm affraid of being anxious and shaky. How can i get people to understand that its not just nerves?!

:/

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Re: I want to start learning to drive but so anxious!

Why don't you just do it and see how it goes rather than think about doing it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Because thats easier said than done :/ with anxiety its difficult because once ive booked the lesson then i'll be worrying until that hour comes :/

My Blog =)

Well we have to face these things or we will never do them

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I dont wanna sound mean but i find that really rude :/ im trying to ask for advice and tips and ur pretty much saying to just get over it. Im sure you used to get mad when people would say that to you :/ im only 17 and find anxiety really difficult to cope with sometimes. I can see where u are coming from but its not really advice or tips :/

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

I find this website so helpful and i use it to gain tips from other people :/

My Blog =)

I never said get over it at all

If you don't try it you can't face the fears.

I could suggest hypnotherapy but that will cost money to do.

You have to just try it to find out what worries you about it.

Do you do relaxation and breathing exercises every day as well cos that will help calm you

I agree with the other comment. Although it's hard to achieve thinking about it too much will just make you psyche out and you'll end up not doing it because you scared yourself too much.
    As for telling people about it, all you can do is be honest I guess, I know some people don't understand because they've never experienced it or been around anyone who has but a lot of people will have an understanding to some extent if you say "I suffer with anxiety, I get myself worked up and worried over things more than regular people do."

I hope this helped. message me if you need to Good luck x

Thank you xx

My Blog =)

If you're really concerned you can go to a doctor or health shop, there are plenty of medicines pharmaceutical and natural that help with anxiety and over thinking, I swear by them. Or you could be referred to CBT which is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, used very commonly to help people over come all kinds of anxieties and phobias. Talk to a doctor if you're serious about a real solution and they can guide you in the right direction.
    I know it's embarressing to think of it but maybe one day you'll feel confident enough to take the stand to try what you're scared of and you might just surprise yourself, you have to ask yourself, what's the worst case scenario? You freak out? You apologise to the instructor and explain that you're too anxious and you go home embarrassed but you tried and now you know what the worst possible thing is and you might be able to face it again from a new angle on observation of the situation. Maybe you could request that a close friend comes with you for moral support? x

Start slowly and don't do anything that is too difficult. All instructors will start you off in a parking lot I would assume (that's how my driver education was) and you don't leave the lot until you are ready. So start in a lot, even a totally empty one, until you get comfortable with it. Then quiet back roads, then slowly move up to busier areas as you get comfortable. It's actually fun for me to drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information