Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Hi everyone hope your all well.

I thought it would be good to make a diary of how my journey on Citalopram is progressing. Always good to have something to look back on so I can hopefully see the gradual improvements in myself. Feel free to comment and post. Hopefully some of you relate to my story.

I suffer mainly from health anxiety but also Generalized anxiety disorder and ive been slowly getting depressed as all the stress of the non stop anxiety have been getting me down. I havnt left the house apart from visiting the doctor in about 4 weeks.

So just a breif idea of how ive been feeling on the Citalopram so far. Im on 20mg a day, today is day 15 on Citalopram and up untill about day 11 i didnt have many side effects, I just felt a bit groggy, had brain fog and was dizzy now and then, the anxiety levels were relatively low, it was at a level could deal with anyway.

Day 12
    I woke up feeling ill, I was very dizzy and felt unsteady on my feet, my anxiety was still not to bad but as the day progressed so did the anxiety. I gradually felt light headed confused and disorientated, i also noticed my right pupil was bigger than my left, along with feeling like my legs were not attached to me and having to actualy think how do i move my legs before they would actually move. These symptoms sent my anxiety sky high, i was sure there was something wrong with my brain. I was on the verge of going to hospital but my mum managed to calm me down and convince me I was ok.

Day 13
    Felt similar to the day before, high anxiety levels, foggy head, dizzy, light headed, dream world.

Day 14
    Felt slightly better still, feel foggy, dream like. right eye pupil seems to still be bigger than the left. Anxious but not as much as day 12 and 13.

Day 15 today
    Woke feeling really strange, had numbness in both hands and lower arms for a few minutes. Whole body felt really weak and tingly, it felt all floppy thats the only way i can describe it. Got up to go to the bathroom legs were like jelly i stumbled but luckily the wall was there to hold me up. Felt really light headed, really bad foggy head, felt like my brain was going to shut down. Was going to go hospital again, was waiting for my mum to give me a lift but i gradually started to feel a little bit better. The foggy head is still there and im still nearly always in a dream world state, feel so disorientated. The light headedness has calmed down. To be honest I dont feel much anxiety today, I just feel like crap, weak and not all there in the head.

This scares me as I still dont fully believe all my symptoms are anxiety, i havnt had a brain scan or any sort or checks on my brain. I also dont think the symptoms are down to the Citalopram as ive had most of them before taking it. But maybe the Cit is just increasing my symptoms and making me feel weak and ill at the same time.

I will post my progress from today onwards. Really hope i start to feel better soon.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Feel free to post if you relate and if you have any advice for me that would be great!

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

This dream world i feel like im in is just so horrible, i feel like i cant even do normal thing like speak to members of my family because it freaks me out as none of it feels real.
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 19-08-12 at 17:03.

Re: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Interesting diary; thanks for sharing your experiences. You're 5 days ahead of me (I'm currently on Day 10), but it's still early days yet so you will still get side effects and that's perfectly normal. My advice would be to try and stay optimistic that things will get better (although I know it's hard at the moment).

Thanks sparkle. How have you been feeling on them.

Ive also noticed my memory, mainly short term memory is completely useless now. I will be doing something and then completely lose my train of thought. Not liking all these symptoms.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Also my left foot and toes have been twitching all day, very odd.

I've got a diary on here as well so you can read that and hopefully you will find it helpful. I did have bad side effects for the first 4 or 5 days - mostly loss of appetite and insomnia. I've been feeling better since Monday evening though - still not 100% but much better than I was before I started taking them.

Day 16
    Managed to get a decent nights sleep and only think I woke up once or twice in the middle of the night which is better than usual. Woken up and my anxiety levels are not to bad they are bareable but its the other symptoms that are getting frustrating now. I wake up in a foggy daze, feeling a bit dizzy and light headed, it does lift slightly as the day goes on but the fog is always there. Legs feel like jelly. My right pupil is bigger than my left again (cant stop looking at that now). Ive only been up for a couple of hours so I will updat this as the day goes on.

Anyone else feel like there in a permanent fog?

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

update:
    Just went out to walk the dog as i thought it was about time i tried to get out the house. It wasnt a very plesant experience, I felt dizzy and my vision seemed a bit blurry which sent my anxiety back up. Sitting at home watching tv now feel like crap, in a daze. Going to go to the doctor soon about all my symptoms and ask if I can be refered to see a Neurologist, as I had most of these symptoms before the medication and I still feel somethings rong.

I am also on 20mg Citalopram and I have definitely found that my short term memory has become rubbish. I will start a sentence and then completely forget where it was going. I have to keep apologising to people!
    I am sure it must be a side effect of the drug and it seems like a lot of people have similar experiences.

Hi, I have just read through your post and thought id share some of my experiances. Im about 3 weeks in on 20mg of Cit, but started for the first two weeks on 10mg. I have many similar side effects to yourself... My anxieties are also health related but in my stomach, so anything that sets my stomach off makes my anxiety go through the roof. I have also woken up with numb/tingly fingers and hands and also have the weird one pupil larger than the other. I have good days and bad days at the moment so its swings up and down - there is no pattern other than most mornings are harder to deal with than the afternoon/evenings when i generally feel a little more robust.

I guess we just hold on in there until the cit starts working ... My doc has said that the benefits can take anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks, so we still have some time to go.

Thanks Mrbenn, yea still a way to go for us but hopefully we see some benefits soon.

Also Just an update on how the day is going for the diary. Still feeling foggy and hazey, i have twitching left toes and foot which has been there for two days non stop now. My legs feel restless and like jelly. Anxiety is on the medium level id say. Been feeling a little bit nauseas today aswell which is an effect from anxiety or meds that I havnt suffered before.

Update:
    In bed watching tv, not feeling to bad, but its up and down. Not feeling to anxious just have a slight headache and feel a bit groggy. Hopeing to feel some improvements tomorrow.

Day 17

Been up and awake for about an hour, my sleep pattern is all messed up, i sleep from about 5:30am untill about 12 or 1 in the afternoon. So i am getting around 7 hours sleep with a couple of breif wake ups which isnt to bad at all.

Feel slightly better today, anxiety levels are quite low but still have the brain fog and im in a bit of a daze, with a mild hedache. But its a new day so lets think positive and I will keep this updated as the day goes on.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information