Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Re: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Thanks for the reply Miles.

Yea im trying to hang in there but these feelings in my head are just so weird gets me so paranoid that something funny is going on. Dont no if its the citalopram or what, hopefully will see some improvements soon.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Update:
    Feeling so strange, foggy dizzy, fuzzy head. All these things bring on my anxiety now, not the other way round. I need to know if this the medication or something is going on up there in my head.

I had no side effects for the first 10 days i felt ok, just light anxiety which i had before taking the medication and then day 11 came and all these horrible symptoms have kicked in and havnt gone away. Is this normal, everyone else seems to get side effects from day 1 or 2 and then they gradually get better, mine started on day 11 and havnt improved, im not on day 19 and still no good effects have come my way.

Still foggy foggy foggy, dream world, fuzzy head feeling. Its like im looking at everything through sunglasses but in a way that is scary and depressing. I try go out for a bit and do normal things and it just seems to get worse so i have to go home. Right pupil is bigger than left again, seems to go back to normal in the morning and then as the day goes on it goes back to uneven pupils. Hate this.

Hey there great diary I too have been on citalopram for four days felt ok today however the night seems
    To be the worse anxiety is highest at night therefore as soon as I shut my eyes feeling overwhelms me and the panic try's to set in have to feel breathe for about an hour is that because I take the tablets in the morning ???? Feel like its worn off at night have terrible acid burning aswell after I've eaten this is great to share stories with others x

Day 20

So I woke up feeling a little bit strange and dizzy like usual but it wasnt as bad as the last few days to be fair. Still have brain fog but it has lifted slightly. Still just worried about my symptoms and thinking I have some neurological disease so the anxiety is still there.

I had a shower and felt a little bit refreshed afterwards, still light anxiety but less foggy and dream like than the last few days so its an improvement.

Went to the doctors as I had an appointment booked to explain all of my symptoms and I had a letter from the optician to give to my doctor that recommended I be referred to a neuro ophthalmologist as he was not sure why I have one pupil bigger than the other sometimes. So went to the doctor and explained my symptoms and gave him the letter, he said he cant really refer me as he doesnt have much reason to and its fine aslong as the eyes react to light. I told him about my dizzyness, brain fog, strange fuzzy sensations in my head but he said it may be the medication and to keep taking it for another 2 weeks or so and then come back if there are no improvements. So still havnt been checked for any medical conditions yet so this hangs in the back of my mind that something could be going on. But it also reassured me a bit that the doctor seems to think I am fine.

Went home and feeling reassured which seemed to make me feel a bit better in general. Quite relaxed for once. I just have a slight pressure headache that has come on in the past couple of hours that doesnt seem to be shifting but ill take that for now over the constant intense anxiety. Still slight brain fog and mild dizzyness but definitely not as bad as the past week or so. Hopefully this is a good sign.
    Will update again later.
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 24-08-12 at 19:57.

It sounds like things are finally starting to get better for you - let's hope it continues!

Thanks Sparkle.
    Update:
    Well the positivity didnt last that long. Over the last hour the headache gradually got worse and then i went to walk the dog, came back and now i have strong nausea, havnt quite been sick yet. I feel like im buzzing on a drug but not in a good way, full foggyness is back.

Day 21

Ok so I have hit 3 weeks on citalopram and I do feel a bit better than I did a week ago, nothing amazing because I have ups and downs anyway but I feel ok.

Woke up this morning feeling a bit strange and anxious like usual, felt slightly dizzy but nothing major. As the days gone on I have noticed im not having so many obsessive thoughts running through my head, and im not googling my symptoms every 2 minutes. My anxiety levels are definetely lower today. Still do have slight brain fog and dizzyness that comes and gos but again this is also less extreme than before. My brain isnt working on full wack as I do get slightly confused sometimes and my memory doesnt seem good at all. The only other downside is I have a constant dull headache with some head pressure and have on and off nausea now, but ill take that over the full blown anxiety and panic attacks I had before. 1 other thing I still dont have much of an appetite.

My days are still spent at home watching tv and on the computer but I will start to venture out soon and see how i feel.

So all in all some improvements which I am very pleased with, i hope this continues and the headaches and nausea go soon.

Feel free to post and comment

Update:

Anxiety is definitely reduced today and the thoughts of constantly thinking I have a serious illness have calmed down a lot. Still have the headache and a bit of dizzyness, with slight brain fog but the fog is also much less than the past few days.

Day 22

So it took me a while to get to sleep last night but once I did I had a pretty good sleep. I still have this thing where my right pupil is considerably bigger than my left, it comes and goes but seems like it is doing it more often than not now. The doctor said its ok aslong as it reacts to light but my pupils werent uneven when i saw him and he just thinks im a hypercondriact. So this still does worry me.

Apart from that I woke up feeling ok, best ive felt in the morning for a while, not much anxiety and only slight dizzyness. As the days gone on I still have the slight brain fog and slight dizzyness but anxiety still seems low. I do seem to feel sick all the time now though and I have a headache that gradually gets worse througout the day. I am a lot calmer then before. Will keep updated as the day goes on.

hi i am on day 7 however i did go out yesterday which was horrid since then have had consyant anxierty trouble sleeping glad your doing well

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information