Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Re: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Day 47

Ever since i had the extreme fuzzy head episode a couple of days ago i feel like it has been downhill from there. Last night i felt really strange, i still had weird head sensations and was also getting a sense that my brain was not in control of my body, like my brain is forgetting how to think and how to move body parts. When i finally fell asleep i was waking up every hour or so feeling strange floaty, fuzzy head, no perception of where my body and limbs are. This is just starting to really scare me now, i thought things were improving but they seem to be going downhill again. I have felt similar to this a couple of months ago when i was at my worst. Im not that bad yet but all these strange feelings are getting to me. Its like im calm, no anxiety and then i get this fuzzy static head attack out of nowhere and it sends me into a downward loop. I feel like im buzzing of a drug for the next few hours after these attacks. I really dont think its a panic attack because, i have nothing leading up to it, i dont get racing heart, impending doom, sweating, or any of the other symptoms that i usualy do with a panic attack. It just all mad feelings in my head which then lead to everything else feeling weird.

I really do not know what to do with myself now. Please some advice guys i feel like im going back into that dark place that i never want to go back to.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Update:

Didnt want to go back to sleep as ive been trying to sort out my sleep pattern, but i had to go back to sleep i felt to crap before.

I feel a bit better after a couple more hours sleep. My head has cleared a bit, my body feels slight floaty and strange and my head isnt quite right still have slight strange sensations but its a lot better.

Just want these things to go away now, everytime these mad symptoms happen they knock me back and i feel like im back at the start of the struggle.

I dont know if i should come off Citalopram and see how i feel or what. I dont think its Citalopram causing it but it could be adding to these symptoms, i dont know.

no idea what to do right now, feel like im going round in circles.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Have acheing throbbing pain randomly in my right leg that comes and goes. have also had them in both lower arms. Oh here we go. wish it was f**king anxiety but i dont think it is.

are you still on 10mg? I think your having W/D from the drop. DO NOT COLD TURKEY you will feel worse

Yea im still on 10mg. Thats what i was thinking it could be aswell but that was 10 days ago now when i went down to 10mg, maybe its only now that there less in my system, i dont know. I felt very similar to this a couple months ago before taking citalopram though. convinced theres something more than anxiety.

Im just not sure where im at and dont know what to. What do you rekon?

How are you doing now aswell Iggy?

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Im not panicing at all but everything just feels completely weird. My ears feel kind of blocked, ive had my right ear like goes deaf for a few seconds then it starts ring for 30 second or so and then returns to normal. my head feels so weird, fuzzy, lightheaded, like im not in my head, so hard to explain.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Really cant be ****ed with any of this anymore

Update:

Weird day. Woke feeling horrible and had a nap and felt a bit better. Ive just been really angry and fed up with everything really. Just annoyed everytime i think im getting somewhere, a symptom comes back and gets me and it puts me back to square 1. Their not symptoms i can just put the the back of my mind or ignore. The fuzzy head and strange sensations are debilitating and i feel i cant do anything while there going on. The fuzzyness has subsided a bit now but i just feel groggy and not right, got on and off headaches and yea i am generally stressed out now.

Hope it was just a blip for a few days and maybe it was some of the citalopram coming out my system since ive gone down to 10mg. Dont know if i should have done that or not but oh well ive done it now and the dizzyness did seem to calm down a bit untill this fuzzyness hit. Back to the doctors tomorrow, to tell tehm whats been going on and check if the doctot has referred me to the nuero.

If anyone has any input on what they think it would be best for me to do that would be great because im really lost. Do i continue Citalopram do i maybe switch to something else or do i come off it all for a bit and see how i feel to see if my symptoms are still there? My doctor doesnt really suggest much, i dont think she will say anything apart from probably carry on on the citalopram and stop moaning lol. So would really appreciate some advice.

I def think its withdrawal as I cross tapered to 10mg to start sertraline and had what I thought se from new drug but gp and others on here felt if was the withdrawal and it didn't start straight away, each day the levels will gradually drop from your bloodstream but hang I there will get better im sure xxx

Day 48

So phoned the doctors surgery this morning to see what is going on with my referal to the nerologist and to get an appointment to tell the doctor about all my symptoms and whats going on with Citalopram.

Well what a suprise it turns out no letter has been writen or sent and the doctor who said she would hasnt referered me, that is bang out of order. The doctor who did this has actually done this before when i was a bit younger, said she would refer me and didnt and i had to be seen by a different doctor who refered me and i ended up having an operation for the issue i went there for.

I have been there many times about my symptoms and even with a letter from the optician saying to refer me. Its rediculas.

So the doctor im talking about isnt there today so i have an appointment with someone else at 4pm. I am going to right a list of all my symptoms and take that with me. So lets see what happens as if im not satisfied this time im leaving this doctors, this has gone on for 2 long. I no some of you guys may think im being stupid and should listen to the doctors but, these symptoms seem way to strong and strange not to be checked. The doctor cant just look at me and say for sure im ok. Especially after telling me they would refer me and then letting me carry on waiting for the referal knowing they havnt even done it.

Anyway im only up at this time because of this stuff with the doctors. I havnt had much sleep so im going to try and get another couple of hours.

those are classic w/d symptoms mate.

you need to stabalise om a dose, stick to 10mg for another few weeks and then see where you are, I personally think you could do with going up in dose but who knows!

its still early days really. stick to 10 for another couple of weeks the ear thing isd classic and you are describing a bit of depersonalisation another classic w/d symptom.

Thanks again Iggy, yea i no maybe upping my dose instead of lowering may have helped me. But i didnt want to be on these things when they made me majorly dizzy and foggy, which has decreased slightly since lowering the dose. Im sure they have made my vision blurry and the thing where i have one pupil considerably larger than the other, all seem to strange for me so i didnt really want to up the dose, as these things arent normal.

The fuzzy head which is my main symptoms that gets to me is probably from my own anxiety and not the cit. The fuzzyness comes and goes but the other symptoms have been there constantly so they are not from w/d.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Right just got back from the Doctors, it was a new doctor i think and she seemed quite helpfull. She said the other doctor hasnt referred me as i thought, there is a note on there saying about refering me but she hasnt actaully done anything like writen the letter or made the referal. This doctor said she will make sure the doctor in question refers me and if not she will do it herself. We also discussed the citalopram and my various symptoms, she thinks i should taper off for a week and then start on Sertraline 50mg. She has perscribed me 50mg Sertraline, just 2 weeks worth so i have to go back in a few weeks to see how things are going.

I wanted to come off Citalopram for a couple of weeks just to see where im at and then maybe start a new med if i needed to but i think i should go by doctors orders and just start the Sert.

I think i kind of messed up coming down to 10mg on cit so early, maybe i should of stayed on 20mg and see how it went but i felt it wasnt helping me much and was causing so many random symptoms and effecting my eyes so i wanted to get off it. I did giv it about 6 weeks on 20mg so.

Anyway, dont feel to bad today, little groggy, little bit lightheaded but im ok for now.
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 21-09-12 at 15:16.

Well it sounds promising that the new doctor is more helpful than your previous one and has given you something different to try. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the support sparkle. Yea hopefully the Sertraline can help me out. I have read you diary aswell and glad to see your doing well, have a nice trip to London.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Update:

Have been feeling ok most of the day, in a better mood anyway. Still slightly foggy, dizzy but just putting it to the back of my mind. The fuzzyness has come back a bit as the nights gone on, maybe its as im getting a bit tired.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information