Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Re: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Just another thing to add, i swear my eyesight seems to be getting worse by the day. I dont know if its just me over analyzing but i cant see stuff like the tv without it being extremely blurry now. I cant read a number plate that is on the drive of a house opposite me so i know my eyes have definitely got worse.
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 16-12-12 at 01:00.

Hi everyone, Thought Id post in here as I haven't updated this in quite a while. Just to let you all know how im getting on and so I have a little diary I can read back on Also id like to say a few thank yous that i will get to at the end of the post.

So I switched over from Citalopram to Sertraline a good few months ago now. I think it was the right decision, as I have been feeling somewhat better. I went up from 50mg to 75mg for about a month but if anything I seemed to feel a bit worse so i went back down to 50mg and thats what ive settled on. I am still not 100% but my anxiety has calmed down a lot, I havnt had a major panic attack in a couple of months now, I do still have some minor day to day anxiety and over analysing things in my head but its bareable and anxiety isnt ruling my life as much as it used to.

My main anxiety issues were to do with my health and thinking there was something wrong with my brain or heart mainly. These worries have calmed down a lot. I have seen a neurologist and he thinks im healthy, he said I may have had some virus that effected my brain and added to my symptoms but he is pretty sure it is anxiety. I still get little bouts of dizzyness but nowhere near as bad as before where i was feeling dizzy every day. My vision still seems not to good but I have glasses now, it may be the meds making the vision worse or maybe it was just naturally deterioration in vision that i have just noticed more due to the anxiety. Still get the odd head pain and random chest pains but they don't worry me much anymore.

I have definitely made big improvements. I can now do day to day things like going to the shops, going to the gym with very little anxiety. Dont get me wrong i dont feel normal or good quite yet and i wish i did but im ok.

That brings me on the issues I do have. Since being on the Sertraline my short term memory is rediculasly bad and my brain is just a bit slow in general. Also my hair has started to fall out and I really do not want that, im pretty sure its the meds as im young and knowone in my family has lost there hair.

Before I said i feel ok and thats just it im usually just feeling ok, or slightly down in the dumps. I rarely if ever feel happy. I guess you could kind of say i feel a bit numb, I have heard the meds canmake you feel this way. I just feel there is still a slight cloud hanging over me. I still think am i ever going to get back to normal and feeling good. I think i had some kind of nervous breakdown with all of this anxiety and its still there and I just cant quite get over it. Just stuck where I am right now. Just hopeing in time I can move on and forget about this stuff.

Now I feel the meds have helped me get out of the dark hole i was in but i also feel that they may now be stopping me from getting back to that place of normality. They may be whats making me still feel not all there and slightly strange. I want to slowly taper off them now and hopefully beat the rest of this anxiety without the meds and get my normal clear thinking content brain back.

Im going to come off them gradually with the beleif i can truely get better, they have helped me see things a little clearer and hopefully i can do the rest myself. Hope im not kidding myself in thinking I can do this without the meds but there is only one way to find out. I suppose I could go back on them if worst comes to worst but Im not planning on that happening.

These last few months have been a blurr and they have been the hardest times of my life to date, i never realised things could get so bad emotionally. I really do now have an understanding and sympathy for people with mental illness when before I probably would have been one of the people that didnt take these things seriously and probably thought oh just get over it when I heard about people with anxiety or depression. Boy was a wrong.

Im not out of the woods yet but hopefully I am on a road to recovery. I will still be about on this site but I just want to say a massive thank you to the creators and the mods, the admin staff and everyone that keeps this site running and makes it work. Also a massive thank you to the brilliant people on here, thank you to every single one of you. There is such a great community on here and everyone helps each other without even knowone one another. This really is a magnificent site, and this is one place a found some peace in when times where unbareble. I really don't know what I would of done if i hadn't found this site. Once I hopefully get back working again and get some money i will be making a donation to the site, its the least I can do. I hope many others find this place when they are going through hard times because it truly is amazing!

I know a lot of people wont get to see my last post as this thread is titled Citalopram Diary but I hope some manage to have a quick look just to see how much I appreciate this site. Great place!

Wow I was a mess back then. Its good to have these diary's to look back on if anyone is thinking of starting one.

Citalopram/muscle tiredness

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a question about side effects from Citalopram. I have been taking 40mg for about 3.5 weeks. I asked the Dr. to up it from 20 to 40mg, because I did not feel like it was helping my nervousnss/worrying. I have noticed some muscle tiredness in my arms when I'm at rest and have also noticed it in my back and shoulders. I feel like doing something seems help it. Do you think this could be a side effect of the medicine. I should mention that I do have health anxiety and obviously little things make me worry. Thank you for any help.

Hi LHinsch and welcome to the forum first of all.

Yes they may well be side effects, there may just be a few strange symptoms while your body gets used to the higher dose. It may have been easier for you to up your dose a little more slowly, you could of gone up to 30mg for a while and then 40mg, which probably would have been easier with less side effects. Anyway the dose your on now should hopefully settle down soon, if not go back to your doctor and mention it to them.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbenn View Post
    Hi, I have just read through your post and thought id share some of my experiances. Im about 3 weeks in on 20mg of Cit, but started for the first two weeks on 10mg. I have many similar side effects to yourself... My anxieties are also health related but in my stomach, so anything that sets my stomach off makes my anxiety go through the roof. I have also woken up with numb/tingly fingers and hands and also have the weird one pupil larger than the other. I have good days and bad days at the moment so its swings up and down - there is no pattern other than most mornings are harder to deal with than the afternoon/evenings when i generally feel a little more robust.

I guess we just hold on in there until the cit starts working ... My doc has said that the benefits can take anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks, so we still have some time to go.
    Can I please ask how you are getting on with the citlopram I too have GAD and Stomach problems I'm on day 11 and feeling very anxious and dizzy when will this calm down

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information