Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Re: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Day 31

Woke up today feeling a bit groggy like usual but after an hour or so i began to felt ok. I didnt take any Citalopram yesterday as i had run out and didnt get a chance to get a new pack. Coincidentally today i do not feel as dizzy today, maybe it is just my mind playing tricks on me or maybe it is the Cit making me dizzy all the time. Its made me actually debate stopping taking it all together and see how i go, but that would be a bit pointless after taking it for a month and then stopping when i should start to see some benefits now. So decided im going to keep taking it until about 7 weeks and then stop if i dont feel any better.

Went for second session of Acupuncture today, dont know if its doing much but i did feel my head was a tiny bit clearer afterwards when i was walking home.

Generally feeling ok, quite calm most of the time, but still dont feel normal, slightly groggy and wee bit dizzy but better then last couple of days.

Will keep updated as day goes on.

Update:

Ive been doing a lot of reading online and i know i shouldnt. I think i may just stop the Citalopram guys. I dont like the thought that it can increase the risk of electrical faults in the heart when i have health anxiety about my heart anyway. I no im only on 20mg but still i dont want to become reliant on a drug that effects the heart. Ive also read people with slow heart rate are at greater risk and my heart rate gets down to 40-45 while resting.

What do you guys rekon, should i keep taking it now ive come this far?

What do you guys think do you think i should keep taking this drug with such a low resting heart rate and with me already having health anxiety caused by thinking about my heart?

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Day 32

Woke up today feeling groggy and dizzy like usual but after an hour or so i felt a little bit better and had a bit of energy which is unusual. I havnt left the house but i have been tidying and rearranging my room, i still have slight dizzy lightheadedness and nagging thoughts but my spirits are much higher today. So a decent day so far.

Still in this predicament on whether i should carry on this medication as i dont want to be on something that effects my heart. id rather be on a different anti depressant after all the news about Citalopram.

Will keep updated as the day goes on.

Hi,

It's probably best to speak to your doctor for advice. Do you feel better than you did before you started taking the tablets? If not, then maybe you should switch to something different. If you do feel better, then it would seem like a shame to stop, but it's about what you feel happiest doing.

Thanks Sparkle, yea i do maybe feel slightly better on the tablets, its like the high anxiety has been swapped for low anxiety and dizzy light headedness. Also i wish i never hear about Citalopram effecting the heart because it has just sent me into anxiety cycle again, thinking things are going on with my heart because im taking this drug.

So I still cant decide what to do really, i want to start to feel the benefits of the drug which should be coming soon but at the same time i dont want to be on a drug thats been in the news for causing problems with the heart and puts you at risk.

It's early days. Give your medication some more time to work and try not to worry so much. Worry changes nothing and increases anxiety. The heart issue does not effect you on your current dose. Have you discussed these concerns with your GP? Stick with it and you should see some positive results soon

Thanks Serenitie, No i havnt discussed it with my GP as i know they would just tell me to go away and stop bothering them in so many words, from what ive read its also more risky to be taking citalopram if you have a slow heart rate and mine is very slow around 40BPM when resting, it has always been like this and doesnt worry me but it does when now. I probably am just being stupid but i just wish i was on a different anti depressant now as the heart thing just adds to my anxiety. They are asking me to take beta blocker aswell as the Citalopram, My heart rate would probably be down to about 20 beats per minute then lol. I have told them my resting heart rate is very slow but they just fail to tell me its safe or give me any sort of advice.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Day 33

Woke up feeling a bit Groggy but not as bad as usual. slight dizzyness. After an hour or so i felt pretty good. I dont seem to be noticing my dizzyness or lightheadedness today quite as much so it must be subsiding a bit, i hope that continues. My mood is at a steady level today, feeling a little bit more normal. I do get the funny fuzzy cotton wall head feelings now and then, they usualy come on at night and they are horrible, but there nowhere near as bad as a few weeks ago. I dont have much energy and i find it near impossible to get up in the morning but ive always been pretty lazy anyway so. Decent day so far.

Also just to add, ive still had my on and off chest pains during this whole diary, i just failed to mention them as i have had them for so long. I have started to monitor my heart again after reading about the heart issues with citalorpam, i hope it doesnt send me down the heart obssesion road again, i had only just moved over to obssesing over my brain instead.
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 06-09-12 at 19:02.

Day 34

This is the best ive felt in the morning since being on these meds. I have started taking the tablet at night instead of in the morning and this seems to be helping. I usualy get a decent nights sleep now, it takes me a while to get to sleep but once i do im ok. Never have any energy to get up in the morning though so i just sleep in untill late afternoon.

Decent last couple of days and im feeling ok today so far so good news. Really need to start getting out of the house now though, just havnt got anything to do at the moment.

Will keep updated.

Ok so this is an update on day 32. After feeling a bit better in the past couple of days i decided to go with my mates for a few drinks. i felt strange and not to good at first but a few drinks turned into a few more and i ended up being quite drunk and not thinking about my usualy problems. I ended up being my usualy uncontrollable drunk self but im home now. Im just waiting for my first hangover in over 2 months and my first hangover on the Citalorpram, so we shall see.

Day 35

i managed to go out last night and have a reasonably good night. The anxiety was there but after id had a few drinks and became drunk the worries were pretty much forgotten. I did seem like a light weight last night and thats probably down to the fact im drinking on the medication and because i havnt drank in a while. So had a good few drinks just round the local area. Pleased i managed to get out and about.

Woke up with a nasty hangover this morning, went back to sleep for a few hours and felt a little bit better, but still extremely groggy. Have had a fuzzy head today and can feel my anxiety creeping up, i cant expect to get away with a heavy nights drinking and not have some strange feelings the next day.

So all in all i dont feel great today nut i no thats donw the the hangover. In general the past 3 days have been pretty good, with less anxiety and less dizzyness, although they are both still there. I do feel like im getting better. I hope it continues.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information