Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregabalin long-term tolerance

Re: Pregabalin long-term tolerance

Hi Audc,

I'm so sorry to hear about your liver and kidney disease and associated pain. I do hope pregabalin continues to be helpful with pain management.

Do not pay too much heed to negative stories on the internet - I imagine just about every medication by now has had people who have had a negative experience, and taken to the internet to warn others. On the other hand, those who benefit don't feel such a strong need to publish their experience.

As you say, pregabalin is quickly metabolized and excreted. It does not completely disappear in six hours, though. That is the half-life, so approximately half remains in the body after that time. Nevertheless, it may be slipping below the level necessary for pain management. Talk it over with your doctor. It may be possible to increase the dose, or spread it over more frequent doses (doctors usually avoid this because patients often don't comply or forget doses). Good luck continuing with pregabalin.

I am also very sorry to hear your situation Audjc, it must be very hard to cope with.

As hanshan says, the 6.3 mean elimination time is for the half life. At 1 half life the drug is 50% but at 2 half lives it will be 25%. I would have thought you would have been taking your dose quite close to the first half life anyway?

Hanshan knows a lot about this med and perhaps it is a matter of needed a higher dose as opposed to the concern over it eliminated too quickly? Raising the dose will still mean the same % of elimination per half life BUT what might be important in your case could be that it will reduce from a higher 100% level thus having higher levels inbetween the half lives? Hanshan will know more on that score.

I have mentioned before that I took lyrica as it is known in Spain for about 8 months.It did nothing for me anxiety waise and I was taking 2 mg of Xanax as well, but it made really hungry depite then being a smoker.

Now I take it purely for nerve pain in a rather tender place having had full examinations to see if it was anything else.
    I take 100mg every night and it dulls the pain , sometimes it goes away completely and sometimes it doesn't help at all.

hey guys being on Pregabalin for 1 month now 450 mg split over 3 doses i suffer from severe ocd and gad to go along with it so far i haven't seen much affect in the reduction of my anxiety but iam hesitant to ask my psychiatrist to up the dose to 600 mg split over 3 times a day minds like a puzzle at the moment and i cant find a way to solve it also on 45 mg mitrazipine but dont think that will take hold until my anxiety is reduced any advise would be great sry for the grammar

Quote Originally Posted by steveng1989 View Post
    hey guys being on Pregabalin for 1 month now 450 mg split over 3 doses i suffer from severe ocd and gad to go along with it so far i haven't seen much affect in the reduction of my anxiety but iam hesitant to ask my psychiatrist to up the dose to 600 mg split over 3 times a day minds like a puzzle at the moment and i cant find a way to solve it also on 45 mg mitrazipine but dont think that will take hold until my anxiety is reduced any advise would be great sry for the grammar
    45MG of mirtazapine is the top dose/ 5mg of olanzapine will calm your nerves better till the pregabalin starts to work , i assume the 45mirt is for the ocd but it is better on depression. i cured on 20mg Prozac OCD and depression it , was my first med 35 years ago took 12 week to start its magic , a long start up but i stuck it out

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xtremx View Post
    I agree with this my psychiatrist and his head doctor told me non addictive, But then again they do say anything can be addictive.

I have been on Pregabalin for over 6 months now (it has been a battle getting a script at times but all sorted now) and they work a treat for me.
    they are addictive, try coming off them after 6 months anything that works is addictive or tolerance , i am tolerant to 6mg of lorazepam a day
    but if i tried to come off i would seizure in a day

thx guys for youre info being put on 12 mg diazepam split over 3 times daily to allow the pregabalin to take hold gona stick it out @ 150mg pregabalin 3 times a day + my mitrazipine and hope thinmgs settle them selfs out a bit diazepam only for 1 month @ that strength thne bring it down a bit @ time and stay with the pregabalin

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

in response to brain dead i was on 60mg prozac for 10 years, then gradually my body rejected it, so mitrazipine was my phycs next step as it is trysiclic and not an ssri. i have a bad habit of researching all the meds i'am on and what affects good or bad they might have, again thx for ure response and any other info on how ure treatment is going is helpful to further mine many thx again.Also iam on 4mg clonezepam for miochrionic leg jerks 1 mg 4 times daily but thats just to stop ma legs from taking a mind of there own on that long they don't have a calming affect anymore even after a month or 2 they didn't hope fully the diaz will help until pregabalin takes hold and mitrazipine settles in.

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

feel some times i'am just on a concoction of drugs and my mind isn't ever going to settle into a normal sate and live a normal live like allot of others
    Last edited by steveng1989; 08-05-17 at 18:09.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information