Thread: Day 8 Escitalopram

Unhappy Day 8 Escitalopram

Don't know if this is worth it. I was bad before starting on Escitalopram, but now I'm 10 times worse. I just feel spaced out and on the verge of a panic attack most of the time. I am still working, but have been finding it harder and harder since I started this medication.
    If it wasn't for the diazapam, I wouldn't make it out the house at all.
    I feel like if I take time off work, I'll be sitting in the house constantly worrying I can't go out and that'll make me even worse.

How long do these horrible feelings last for?

Re: Day 8 Escitalopram

What dose are you on. I started very low on 2.5mg for three days then increased to 5mg. I'm on day 6 and I am feeling a lot better. I take at night with food and use the tiredness as an advantage to get a good nights sleep. By the morning I have a lot of energy which only starts to drop off late afternoon as my next dose approches

I'm on 5mg and have started taking at night. Most people say it takes around 3-4 weeks to work. My stomach feels all butterflys and I feel a bit detached. I'm also dizzy a lot and get really sore heads. It's a nightmare.
    Glad to hear it's working for you.
    I'm prepared to give it a go though for about 5 weeks. It's nothing by then, then I'll be stopping it.

Hey Dez,

I was the same as you for the first month or so. It took me a little longer than most to really start feeling well but I can tell you that it is well worth the wait. I too started a 2.5 for a week, night-time dose with a little food (yogurt mostly) then upped it by 2.5 every week until 10mg. Took a little over a month for the 10mg to settle in but when it did, it was so great. I haven't felt this good in years.

I'm just past 1 year since starting and for the most feel pretty consistently well... great, in fact. A blip here and there depending what's going in my life - and there are lots of stressors these days - but I'm able to handle them all much better than I ever thought I would.

Hang in there, it really does get better!

JMac

It's day 9 now and I've never felt worse. Over the last fews days I've started waking up at about 5. My stomach goes into knots and my head fogs over. I can't get back to sleep, so I get up and have a cigarette. This sends my head into a spin and I get totally dizzy and can hardly make it up the stairs back to bed. I then have to lie there with this nervous (and I mean going to die nervous) for another hour and a half before I have to get up and get ready for work. This wasn't happening until I started the Escitalopram and I feel like I might have to go off sick, which I realy do not want to do as it's the only thing keeping me sane. I really need help here!

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Forgot to say. I have no appetite anymore and am being sick (dry wretching) every morning.

Thread Information