Thread: 150mg and 5 stone weight gain !!!!

Unhappy 150mg and 5 stone weight gain !!!!

Hi all, this is my first time actaully writing on the forum, but you all seem to know your stuff!!
    I have been on a/d's for 10 years now and tried lots of different ones, some spaced me out and some made me want to commit crimes Sertraline is the one that seems to help the most.
    my GP upped my dose from 50mg to 100mg to 150mg.
    I have been on 150 mg for last 3 months and my appitite and weigh has grown massivly!!!!!
    I have always been prone to weight gain but the weight gain is REALLY getting me down. Has anyone else sufferd with this and if you have, and since come of your sert have you lost the weight ????

Thanks peeps

Re: 150mg and 5 stone weight gain !!!!

Hi. I was on effexor previously and put on 3 stone but over a number of years not months and once I came off them the excess weight I had gained dropped off quite quickly. I have now been on Sertraline for nearly 4 months and my weight has stayed the same. Do you think your increased appitite could be due to feeling better? I haven't read of it causing weight gain but then antidepressants can effect use all differently.
    If it is Sertraline causing your increase in appitite then it could be a side effect that will stop after a few weeks and if not your appitite should go back to normal if you stop taking them. Not sure it is a good idea to stop though if they are making you feel better.
    Last edited by erin31; 21-08-12 at 14:24.

yes i was on mirt and i put about 3 or more stone on ive since come off the mirt and now lost 2 stone

IVE ACTUALLY LOST WEIGHT! BUT HEY TRUST ME TO BE AWKARD LOL
    ive been on sert about 4 months ish now and have lost about a stone in weight.

I think increased appetite and weight gain are a common side effect with Mirt but decreased appetite and weight loss are more common with Sertraline. I do know I had loss of appetite when I had bad anxiety which returned when Sertraline kicked in and I started to feel better but I have only put on 3lb in 4 month and I had lost more than that anyway. I really but this increase down to eating normally and not Sertraline.
    Last edited by erin31; 24-08-12 at 20:20.

Thread Information