View Poll Results: how long you ever been housebound?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • few days to a week or 2 at most

59 29.35%
  • bout a month

22 10.95%
  • 2 months at most

13 6.47%
  • between 2 and 6 months

28 13.93%
  • 6 - 12 months

11 5.47%
  • a year

7 3.48%
  • more than a year

18 8.96%
  • More than 2 years

11 5.47%
  • between 2-5 years

18 8.96%
  • more

14 6.97%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how long you ever been housebound?

how long you ever been housebound?

Just wondering, if youve ever been housebound, how long for? is your still housebound {like me :(} just tick the one that makes it so far.
    Could you also share lil stories of how you took those first steps if you managed to become un-housebound, if you did, GOOD ON YA [8D][8D][^]
    Becci X X X

I voted beytween 2-5 years. ive been here bout 4 :( But im gonna change that {i hope}

Hi,

I was Housebound for just over 2 years, (my bedroom for 6 months), i took little steps at a time eventually got in the garden and to the top of the drive, then the top of the street, took me about a year to eventually get into my local town i went a little futhur everyday,its been hard work but i am getting there.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

I have cycles of depression and agrophobia, this year I have managed to beat it and keep on beating it. I do have set backs but im determined not to end up stuck in a room for ever!

Cheers

Will

[8D]

I was housebound for about 4 years. Didn't even really realize how small my world had become until I started taking little steps out into the world again.
    It's amazing what you can get used to not doing because of fear of panic!!!
    I still have my days where when I venture out - I get the dizzy not with it feeling but somehow I manage to make it

Hia all
    Ive been house bound for just over 12 months but am getting fed up of waiting for CBT therapy so this week have ventured one house up my street several times ...lol .Not a lot i know but its a start and hopefully i will keep progressing

I had been housebound for just over 3 years. Gradually I started to go out with my daughter and my ex partner. Only in my home town of Luton. I then started to go to the corner shop. Some days I did not make it because of the anxiety and panic. Now I go every day and I am ok. My car helps me and enables me to go to the doctors and the dentist.
    My next step is to make it to the supermarket as my daughter is going on holiday for 2 weeks today. I shall taken my ex partner with me though. The way I see it is that I have been along time housebound therefore it will take along time for me to get back some form of normality. I just so glad that I have made some progress. Have you tried CBT. I have and it has helped. Baby steps. I hope to, in the future, go to the supermarket by myself. I will do it stages. First get there. Next time go in and buy a couple of items and then build my self up to getting more shopping.

Sheena

SHEENA

Becci
    You can beat it, but youjust have to keep going. I became agoraphobic alongside my anxiety about 13 years ago. I had a really bad patch for about a year where I wouldn't even be in the house alone, my Mum came to stay when my husband went to work. I got some help from a Community Psychiatirc Nurse who was lovely. I don't have drugs as I am phobic about taking tablets after a nasty experience with seroxat. One night my 12 year old son was very ill and admitted to hospital and wanted tme to stay with him. It nearly killed me driving to the hospital, but he needed me and I was determined to be there. I gradually made myself do things. I still get days where I don't want to go out but I have just finished my teacher training and to do this I had to drive 14 miles to college and back on a regular basis. I had 2 occasions in the year when I didn't do. I don't say I am cured but I am managing better. I am going on my first holiday abroad to Spain to visit my sister on Aug 7th am very anxious but determined to do it. You need to take small steps and keep doing itIf you go to the end of the street or wherever your boundary is then keep doing it , do't sit back and think I've done it I'll have a rest!! Keep pluuging away and eventually you realise you can ride the panic and come out the other side. Ii would never have believed I could complete my Teacher Training, but I did and got brilliant reports in my placements. My husband is so proud of me it made the stress worthwhile. iF i CAN DO THIS SO CAN YOU SO TAKE HEART AND TAKE YOUR FIRST STEPS NOW
    WENDY
    XXXXXXXX

Almost 12 months.I never really thought about it until I read this poll.How time flies.
    I do go out occassionally usually kids birthdays.
    Agrophobia is awful and people dont get why I cant just go to shop or go into front garden.
    xxxxx

since december, so around 8 months ive started walking the dog at night which is a good thing, and can get up to about, well furthest ive been is about 15 houses away but only did that once and cant do it again, and i make my self upset about it and worry i'll never do it again which is wrong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information