Thread: Important question about Quetiapine

Important question about Quetiapine

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if any of you that are on Quetiapine have had any of these side effects. About 30 minutes after I have taken it I get a stuffy nose, like I have a cold. My heart races and pounds and I get the shakes. I'm only linking the heart thing to the quetiapine cos it happens at night when I take my 300mg tablet. Do you think my dose is too high? I have only been on it just over a month and it has helped me a lot, I would rather not have to come off it. Anyone experienced this before?

Re: Important question about Quetiapine

hi i didn't get the stuffy nose but did get the racing heart and shakey feeling. it would happen about half an hour after taking it but lasted for a good while. i was only on a small dose twice a day but it was really causing my heart to beat so fast I ended up having to come off it. I am on zyprexa now with no side effects, all the best to you

Thanks for that Rooby. I'm glad you have found something that is helpful to you.

Hi,

I take quetiapine, only 100mg at night, for anxiety, it's helped me so much.

I haven't had the side effects you experienced though, I get restless legs about half an hour after taking it and often have a kind of weird electric feeling all over as though something was about to happen to my body but doesn't.

I have these amazing patterns and special effects that I can see when I wake up, like an incredible trip, they are pretty good stuff!

I so glad they have helped you too.

Thread Information