Thread: Need some help asap

Need some help asap

Hi guys i really need some help. I'm panicking so badly and its just been literally non stop for 2 days now. I'm really scared that something is wrong with me.

I have struggled with eating for the past 3 days and yesterday and today i have had a horrible jittery feeling in my stomach and all around my body and has felt like a knot. Also feeling sick on an off. As well as this i keep getting a suffocating feeling and feel like i'm struggling to breathe all the time.

I have tried to do jobs to keep myself busy but feel dizzy when i stand up and am out of breath when i move. I am so scared and just can't stop crying today as i can't cope with it anymore. I even keep getting horrible thoughts now that i'm dying and have worried myself more as my dog today keeps following me and sitting on my lap and i've convinced myself that she somehow senses that i'm dying or something! I know it sounds ridiculous.

This is not my normal anxiety, i usually get it when out or on an evening and have never had it on a morning when i'm at home but today it has been with me non stop.

I really do not know what to do. Sorry for the long winded post

Jenni xx

Re: Need some help asap

Jenni,

You do not need to panic. You are not dying. Nothing is wrong.
    What you do have though is some form of slight panic/anxiety disorder. Which we all have on this website. So rest assured we ALL know what you are going through.
    First thing is that you need to eat. Even if you don't feel you can, your body needs fuel to survive. Plus this is why your feeling dizzy and weak. Your blood sugar level is low because you havnt eaten. So get some food down.

Next step is to breathe more normally and focus on deep breaths in and long calm out breaths. Another sign of dizziness and thinly sensations is that people breathe in too much and do not exhale causing too much oxygen being sent to the brain. So concentrate in breathing out and your dizziness and tight chest should ease.

And with you dog!!!! Dogs are very intelligent animals. If they see their owner being down then they will be down too. Think of it as the only reason why your dog is following you is to cheer you up!!!! So give the dog a cuddle and play with it for a while to get your mind off things.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you feel miles better soon too Jenni. I have been feeling much the same way for the past few months going through a divorce. I've suffered with anxiety on and off for ten years so though I can handle actual panic attacks better nowadays, they still terrify me but KNOW I'm not dying or anything bad is really happening to me, they are just horrible to go through and I fear them because of how horrible they feel not because I think I am going to have a stroke anymore or heart attack . I'm back at my parents house and there's 3 little yorkies who live here (mine and my parents 2) but though Louie won't ever leave me alone and who my Mum isn't happy with at all because he's not bothered about her anymore, ha ha, my little one (Emmie) is actually afraid I think when she sees I am anxious and she hides away in a corner from me. She's a bag of nerves herself though so I agree that your doglet is probs just picking up on how you are feeling and you are defo not dying darl. I find our dogs really help me at times too, all the very best of luck getting well again xxx

Hi,
    i have similar symptoms, mine too is off and on and today i had a bad day for some reason, i think mine is food related, if i wake up hungry then thats it for the day, anxiety hits!! but i cant eat...damn vicious circle...but remember you are not alone, we are all the same on here.

deep deep breaths,talk to yourself...tell yourself to get a grip!! i have to do this often...
    sarah

Hi guys, thanks for the kind replies. Actually doing a lot better today. I went to the doctors yesterday and told her all about my throat problems and that i haven't been able to eat. She checked my throat and asked me if when i get anxious does my throat hurt, which it does. She told me it was infected and started me on a 10 day course of penicillin. Managed a bit of food last night but today has been a million times better and have actually managed 3 meals today! Odd bits of anxiety here and there but nothing i couldn't handle.
    Fingers crossed this is a turnaround for me now. And the dog is still following me but now it's because i have food haha!

xxx

So glad you are feeling loads better, it's weird how anxiety just happens like that sometimes isn't and then goes away again. I'm having a bad weekend and have just been to a walk in centre, I've been on new meds for 3 weeks though and coming off my old one so don't know if it's a combo of that that's made me terribly panicy. My little boy is back at his new school tomororw too, he was only there 5 weeks before the hols as we moved area's and he found the first 3 weeks really hard and cried all the time, so I am worried he'll be crying tomorrow even though he says he's not bothered about going back!
    HA HA HA, there's 3 little yorkies here that follow me everywhere when there's food about an done of them even jumps on my lap and sticks his nose under my plate he's so greedy. So glad you are managing to eat again

Thread Information