Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kava Kava in the UK...legally...?

Kava Kava in the UK...legally...?

I found Kava Kava as a new promotion at this website. Do you think it's legit? I know people have had positive experiences with this, so as you can imagine, I'm interested.

http://www.agestop.net/Agestop/produ...?CID=0&PID=436

Hi phil,
    It is illegal, i did a quick searc and found this
    http://www.kavakava.org.uk/

Take care
    Becci x x x

It was banned in the UK because of potential problems with the liver.

If you buy it off the net then I have no idea how sympathetic the NHS will be if you get problems.

Nicola

Sure, that's what I read on here. If that's the case, how are this company selling it? They're UK based.

Is there any place you could report the site? id hate to know people are being sold things illegaly.
    KavaKave is deffinetly banned.

Becci x xx

Hi Phil

I was quite keen to try this Kava Kava so I have rang the company who assured me it is legal to sell the 'drug' on line (not available in shops). Anway, have ordered some so I'll be guinea pig for everyone!!!

Kay

hi,,

there is NOTHING wrong with kava kava the only reason it was banned in the uk is because it was that good a product with NO problems the likes of the pharmacutricle companys were losing money ,

the STUPID tests that where done with kava kava were done with the likes of people like achoholics peoples with other problems so the outcome was obvious ,,

i have talked to my local health food shop owner about this in lenght and he has lots of info,

,and at some point in time kava kava will be back on the shelves,,

how can X amount of million people be wrong??????

kava kava is the most rapidly expanding relaxant accross europe,,

SORRY NIC dont agree with your post not exactly encourging is it ???

GOOGLE IT read up on it before you try,

trevor,

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

Trevor

I was telling people the facts as to why it was withdrawn. If it was just alcoholics they would put a warning on it like some other drugs and let it through. They don't!

If people want to take it then fair enough but I trust the UK drugs companies more than others.

How can you say I am not encouraging - ummm I am protecting people on here. If I said yes go take it it is great and people found out it was banned then can you imagine the complaints I would get???

I was just warning people that it is banned here that is all.

Sorry I bothered to post my thoughts on it!

Nicola

Try these

http://www.nutraingredients.com/news...kava-banned-in

http://www.konakavafarm.com/articles/MHRA-review.html

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...2/ai_n15252172

If you buy it from the net then how do you know it is the real thing.

Also, where is the evidence it can really cure anxiety? no drug cures anxiety - it masks the symptoms that is all.

Nicola

Well I decided to do some research on this as I was thinking about trying it too. I did find alot of info so this is going to be longwinded (just to warn ya - sorry in advance)

Yes there have been reports of liver damage when taking kava. Scientists can't agree (of course - why would they make it easier on any of us??!!) on why it would damage the liver of someone who takes it as a supplement when natives of the Pacific have taken Kava for hundreds of years and why so many more cases of liver damage has been reported in Europe than in the U.S.

The reason that I found most logical to why natives had no reported liver trouble is that natives ate the roots and not the stem or peeling and in order to make enough product when Kava became more popular, companies just used the entire plant.

A company in the U.S. started testing that theory and did find that there is a chemical that when tested on liver cells was toxic and that the chemical was found in the stems and leaves but not in the root of the plant.
    Also I read on 3 different sites that when companies in the European countries extract the main chemical in the root, they ended up with a product that was twice as potent as the U.S. companies.

However even if Kava was completely safe, I have decided not to take it because from what I have read it sounds to me like it has a narcotic effect. Not just that it calms you or relaxes you but that you get a high from it and I have a past problem with self medicating and steer clear from anything that might push me back in that direction.

I agree with the statement about not really knowing what you are getting when you buy off the internet. I remember reading about a woman in the U.S. that bought a supplement and became really ill. She went to the doc and of course brought along the bottle as that was the only thing that she could think of that might have been the culprit. The doc has it tested and the 'supplements' turn out to be horse traquilizers!!!!

I know that everyone (including me) wants there to be something - a miracle drug - a pill that we can take and make anxiety go away but there isn't a miracle cure. It takes lots of work and sometimes alot of time to get a handle on anxiety and/or panic. Sucks bad but it's the truth.

Again I am sorry for such a long winded post.
    xxx
    Sandy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information