Thread: feel useless with no hope for the future

feel useless with no hope for the future

Hi
    everyday I seem to be getting more and more depressed, I feel like I am stuck in a rut and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, I left university in 2009 with a degree in textiles, since then I have no had a decent job and I have spent most of the time being unemployed due to anxiety, the only jobs I get are rubbish ones which I end up leaving because my panic attacks start again, I can't afford to live on benefits because I have so much debt left from university and I spend my days worrying about what my future is going to be like, I don't know how to turn my life around, I have no confidence and just end up sitting at home all day crying and feeling suicidal, I don't know how to cope with the lack of prospects I have, I still live at home because I can't afford my own place, everyone else I know have full time jobs and are getting married with children and I feel I am being left behind, I apply for jobs everyday but never hear back, I hate it, I feel useless and not part of society. The job centre isn't very helpful, I volunteer at a charity shop but I am struggling to pay the bills, I have no social life and all my friends have deserted me to get on with their perfect lives. My boyfriend left me, I feel so lonely, I am always worrying about how I am going to look after my parents because they are getting old and I can't even afford to give my dad proper rent, I don't know what to do, I feel I have lost everything and have no hope for the future

Re: feel useless with no hope for the future

It must be hard, but don't give up. There is always hope, be strong, because things will get better!

There is always hope for the future. If you can try to achieve one small thing each day. Keep a diary if you like. There might be self help groups in your area and I joined a depression alliance group in the early stages of recovery. Don't give up. Talk to someone close to you about your hopes and aspirations for the future. I also joined a few evening classes so I got out of the house a bit. One of the tutors I still see and it must be over twenty years on. EJ

I feel so sorry of what you feel, I guess some students who graduates in college will feel something like that if they don't have any job after their graduation but let me tell you it's just a matter of God's Time and what's he's will. I'm sure you'll get a work that's right for you and you'll overcome your anxiety, just be patient and pray to God always. here's a hug for yah'

I'm in a similar situation, except I finished uni in 2011.

I'm scared absolutely ****less about entering the world of work - even in a job that is to do with computers (IT Support, which I have an interview for on monday).

Anxiety is absolutely horrible and the depression it brings is just the nasty icing on the ****cake. It just makes me want to curl up and cry into my parents' arms - and I have been for the last few days.

Luckily, my folks paid off my uni debts already (I still owe them) - but I'm pretty sure that they don't charge repayments until you earn over a certain amount each year?

Anyway, I feel for you and I hope that you can somehow find an answer to this misery.

Thread Information