Thread: please help - super lightheaded, dizzy, fast/slow heart rate, skipped beats?

please help - super lightheaded, dizzy, fast/slow heart rate, skipped beats?

Okay hi guys I'm new here.

Basically I've been having a lot of stomach ulcer/gastritis issues for the past 3 months.

The past 2 months I've been so dizzy and lightheaded. feels like i'm going to faint.

I have to lie down a lot and grab onto things while walking as it is the only thing that helps. My feet feel like I'm walking on a trampoline but without the fun!

I was about to take a shower and out of nowhere my heart started going about 160 beats a minute. I was sure I was going to black out and laid down quickly and it went away after about 10 minutes, but the next 5 days, I felt terribly tired and weak.

After exercising yesterday ,my heart rate was up soooo high and I was sooo breathless. I got like 5 super fast beats, then 1, 4 second long pause. I felt so dizzy again and laid down.

Last week I went to A & E.
    They did an ecg which was normal and took my blood pressure (132/97) but I was lying down at the time so I didn't get any palpitations and they discharged me the same night.

I've had a TFT, anemia, minerals, liver, kidney function, heart damage blood tests. They all came back normal. Now I want to get an ultrasound or my heart to be on the safe side. I've been waking up feeling like I can't breathe and get so short of breath so easily now. My stomach is swollen and my belly button has changed shape - it's so weird!

Sometimes my rest bpm will be barely 60. Other times it's almost 110.

Please help. I'm so worried my doctors have missed something and I'm going to drop dead. I'm only 19 and feel like I'm 90!!!!!!!!!

I already suffer from terrible anxiety but these PVCs come on anytime of day even when I'm super relaxed. I avoid caffeine, am now cuttin back sugar, fat and carbs. I've also got sudden depression which I believe was brought on by the PPI/antibiotic combination I had to take for months. I also get tingles, twitches, neck jerks, aad neck/back of headaches.

My grandfather has fibrillation, arrythmia, my great grandad died relatively early of a massive stroke & undiagnosed brain tumor. My aunt had terrible thyroid problems which went undiagnosed for years, my mother tells me I have the same eye/throat 'swelling' as she does.
    Last edited by peachychou; 28-08-12 at 12:57.

Re: please help - super lightheaded, dizzy, fast/slow heart rate, skipped beats?

Your heart symptoms sound just like mine. Either super fast or super slow heart beat, lightheaded and dizzy, palpitations. I've had heart tests and everything has come back normal, but it's hard to believe they haven't missed something so of course I think I'm going to have a heart attack or drop dead! I'm still here after 7 months of this, so I guess it's not a matter of life and death.

Re: please help - super lightheaded, dizzy, fast/slow heart rate, skipped beats?

I realized that mine get worse after standing up from sitting up, or in hot weather.

But when I lie down and raise my legs to let the blood flow back, THEN stand up, my heart doesn't race so much.

Wondering if it could be POTS...but then there are so many potential (scary) reasons for POTS, which makes me even more anxious

Also, they started around when my time of the month started. Been feeling really weak.
    Wonder if it could be hormonal.

I really need to get to the bottom of this.

Feeling lightheaded when getting up is usually postural hypertension - blood pressure not keeping up with your body moving. Its nothing to worry about. Also, if you feel unwell during your period you could be anaemic and need iron tablets. You could always ask for a 24 hour monitor to put your mind at rest.

Yeah It's not health threatening. You have to be aware of this so that you won't panic next time. Most of the time people suffer from anxiety simply because they are unaware of certain information.

I'm 21 and I get dizzy and have a a resting heart beat of anything between a mega slow 50 to a bonkers 100, I also get the dreaded eptopic heartbeats that are worst I. The mid-late afternoon and worse in Hot weather also.
    like everyone else I've been to the doctors and im waiting on a 24 hour ECG. I've had 2 small ecgs and it was all fine, bloods are also fine but none of that matters when you have these horrid missed beats because even though i know im not going to be killed by them they are still the most aweful things I've ever experienced. I also have a virus right no that inflames my rib joins on my chest plate which sends crippling lightning bolts of agony through my chest which then sets off these missed beats. But the missed beats are a byproduct of stress and anxiety, the best thing you can do is relax and not worry too much. Oh and stay away from bananas because they can upset your beats. You're not alone in this my friend.

Thomas

Thread Information