Thread: Jury Service!

Jury Service!

My anxiety symptoms have been crap the last couple of weeks but I turned a corner yesterday and started feeling better. I also go on holiday in 2 weeks and I'm really looking forward to it - I need it.

However..... I got home from work last night to find a letter summoning me for jury service in October , initially for 2 weeks but could be more! I know it has to be done but it's a huge inconvenience and I'm starting to feel anxious and getting a headache! I don't know if I'll get paid whilst I'm off work and I can't speak to my personnel manager until Friday, I'm thinking about my workload being covered when I'm off, if I'll actually get selected and if I do what sort of trial is it going to be! I'm trying to tell myself to just accept it for what it is and worry about all those things when/if they happen.... yeh right! Sorry - just needed to rant!

Re: Jury Service!

I think companies have to pay you if you are called for jury service but if it is making your anxiety worse maybe you could get a medical certificate from your GP declaring that you are not fit enough to do it. I hope you have a great holiday.

Hi Annie - my anxiety doesn't affect me bad enough to be excused. As with everything I overthink - always have done. I always like to know what I'm doing, why, where, when and I just have unanswered questions. Mainly, I'm super-anxious about someone else covering my work when I'm off because I'm a bit of a control freak where that's concerned! I guess you could say I'm slight OCD!

I intend to have a lovely holiday thank you. It can't come round soon enough! xx

Meche,
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway.Wishing you all the best, and have a GREAT HOLIDAY

Hi. I did jury service last week and it was great, took my mind off my anxiety.the court pay you for loss of earnings.Good Luck

just tell them you have no faith in the law and will let the man off for sure
    thats works
    god bless

Quote Originally Posted by meche View Post
    My anxiety symptoms have been crap the last couple of weeks but I turned a corner yesterday and started feeling better. I also go on holiday in 2 weeks and I'm really looking forward to it - I need it.

However..... I got home from work last night to find a letter summoning me for jury service in October , initially for 2 weeks but could be more! I know it has to be done but it's a huge inconvenience and I'm starting to feel anxious and getting a headache! I don't know if I'll get paid whilst I'm off work and I can't speak to my personnel manager until Friday, I'm thinking about my workload being covered when I'm off, if I'll actually get selected and if I do what sort of trial is it going to be! I'm trying to tell myself to just accept it for what it is and worry about all those things when/if they happen.... yeh right! Sorry - just needed to rant!
    I would like to be called for jury service. As I have been a patient in a psychiatric hospital it is very unlikely I will be called. Best wishes. I hope that you enjoy the experience. EJ

Thanks for the reassurances guys. I will get paid from work so that's a huge weight lifted of my shoulders. After speaking with a few people who have done it, I'm quite looking forward to it afterall. All I have to do now is start having faith in the people who are going to cover my work while I'm away! This is actually quite a good test for my anxiety/OCD ! xx

You may not get picked at all , you become a number lol. So dont worry uneccessarily ( Yet )

Thread Information