Thread: Scared about tomorrow!!

Scared about tomorrow!!

I have a broken very back top left tooth and im booked into the dentist for tomorrow My guess is it will be removed .. Its broken on the 1 side only .. My mom said they may just fill it but i dont know i think they'll pull it.

I have a major fear of the dentist ESPECIALLY having to have work done!! Im so scared at how painful its going to be!! The pain after when im home dont bother me because it will be over and i can take pain killers its the pain of and during the procedure thats got me on edge!!!
    Im scared stiff!!!

Re: Scared about tomorrow!!

The day is her and my appointment is in a few hrs :( .. Im shakey i feel weak and light headed!!! Im scared its going to hurt!! :'(

I know how you feel, going to the dentist is never pleasant but unfortunately, very necessary for most of us!
    My advice would be try to stop working yourself up about it, it's very likely you're picturing the worst possible situation and that it won't actually be as bad as you think. Also, you could perhaps tell your dentist that you're a bit scared (I'm pretty sure people let them know all the time, no one enjoys going to the dentist!) and they have all sorts of numbing pain relief things they can give you these days so in case he/she needs to do something that would cause you pain, they'd probably propose that to you anyway.
    Take a few deep breath, try not to imagine the worst case scenario and go for it, I'm sure you'll be fine (but I know how you feel really not wanting to go and probably looking for all sorts of excuses to delay the appointment to another day...).

Good luck!

Make sure you speak to your dentist about your fears first and explain that you are very nervous! Until the appointment, practice what you are going to say to him/her to focus your mind on doing something positive, and also bringing you some control over it. Good luck Kellylou x

Thankyou both ..

Good luck kellylou , I recently faced my fear of the dentist and went for the first time in seven years! It was not painful or half as bad as I expected. Yes, I did need five fillings but the dentist was very kind and lovely about it and I got them done over three visits. Besides the financial pain (lots of $$$) it was fine and I will now go back for six monthly visits. All the best tomorrow and thinking of you. Let us know how you go x

Thankyou all well my appointment was at 11:30 today waiting was a killer!! .. After what seemed forever i got called in mom waited outside as she said id need to tackle the dentist alone one day and shes only in the waiting room which was a comfort she was near! .. I went in the dentist asked what my problem was i explained about my tooth and also i had a fear of the dentist etc .. He was a very nice man he explained what he was gonna do and why kept making sure i was ok etc he decided the break was too big for a filling but able to be saved by a crown so he fixed up and cleaned my tooth, took some moulds and im back next wk for the fitting .. He said if i get any pain from it between now or then he will remove it.
    Overall the experience wasnt too bad .. Im a little nervous as of how they will be applyibg tje crown and if its going to hurt tho! As he didnt say how he dows it :/

Thread Information