Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thread about stopping panic attacks. (Read if you are having a panic attack)

Re: Thread about stopping panic attacks. (Read if you are having a panic attack)

Hi, this was a very practical posting and one that i should actually put into practise as i dont eat the right food, am lazy about drinking water and drink tea instead, and i have heard that vitamins and minerals can really help a lot. Sometimes the most obvious solutions seem quite mundane but i really appreciate the way this thread has given an insight into what can help. If we are lacking in certain nutritional elements then maybe we need to fuel up on the right stuff. Also, i love chocolate and sweet food a bit too much. And as for a bottle of white wine, that as well. Thanks so much for writing out these practical ways and hopefully we can all gain a lot from them. Much Appreciated.

Re: Thread about stopping panic attacks. (Read if you are having a panic attack)

I just discovered the amazing benefits of the sun and Vitamin D.

It has tremendously helped me stay positive, I REALLY suggest going out in the sunlight and taking a vitamin D supplement.

Vitamin D is known to fight off depression as-well.

Also highly suggesting everyone to cut back on sugar and include alot more fruits into there diet.

ALOT of food contains sugar most of which is refined and processed. Eating more organic fruits will satisfy your sugar craving :}

Bump,

This is a great post and simple techniques that helps reducing panic attacks and anxious

I also have up to 5-6 panic attacks a day just like you, but after reading CBT4PANIC and your post here I've started recovering fast. It's not an easy task but just be patient and stay persistent, it will works.

Thank you for your contribution

Amazing thread! To the point - easy to access in time of need for help & advice! No need to trawl through hefty texts & books!

Nice one

Thank you Col! I need to start adding more to it, I have a few more things I've discovered and they need to be shared.

Excessive masturbation and over stimulation of dopamine and other hormones in the body through masturbation can lead to anxiety. In excessive amount is typically twice a day everyday but you can still get anxiety from doing it once a day.

Some men and women use masturbation and sex to deal with anxiety and depression when really it could be making it worse, sex with a partner can be uplifting and mood boosting so always out-weight the benefits with the positives! So don't let this stop you from finding a partner :P

Your brain is healing! Anxiety and depression can be a signal that your brain is healing from a traumatic event in your life: Past high stress situation(s), Over stimulation from drug use and abuse, brain injuries. Your chemistry is re-balancing and your brain is healing. It will take a few weeks to a few months depending on your environment and damage to feel normal again and even mild to moderate stressful events can trigger panic and depression.
    Last edited by GreyClouds; 17-11-13 at 22:32.

bump.

Bump

Probably going to be my last bump for this thread and probably my last time logging in on the site as I only log in to bump this thread!

I truly hope everyone gets better. The mind can be a complex and chaotic thing but within that messy and loud space there is an infinite amount of positive thought. It's hard to draw these out and sometimes you feel overwhelmed with all the chaos but when you start siphoning and bringing what truly matters to the surface I truly believe that's when you'll have a handle on your anxiety. Just don't let it overwhelm you and believe this.

Much love all

This is so interesting....I feel as though you've just given me a breakthrough. Each time I've had a panic attack, looking back, I hadn't had enough water to drink and was probably dehydrated. From now on, I'm not going anywhere without a bottle of water.
    Something else that always helps me when I'm feeling sick (which is usually how things start) is singing. I know it probably sounds silly and is certainly the last thing you want to do when you're feeling ill, but it really can help.
    Thank you for this posting. Right now, I'm feeling really grateful to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information