Thread: re-cymbalta ???

Question re-cymbalta ???

hi there everyone im currentley taking beta blockers for anxiety painic attacks ect plus mirtazapine at night 30mg which i been on since christmas ..but in all honesty i dont think the mirtazapine is doing much for my depression at all :-( my physco said maybe try something diff which he said maybe cymbalta which he gave me to im sorta scared to start them as dont wanna be worse like than i already am if that makes sense.. just womdering if anyone on cymbalta out there ....just dont rate the mirtazapine unless for sleep its good for that like.... but dont think much good for depession ... im only scared due to loads horror storys reg cymbalta over internet which ye i no was bad idea looking :( anyways any info appreciated ..wasent gonna start watever for couple weeks anyways as got couple test endoscopy/colonoscopy so was looking to maybe think about starting new meds after them tests like as dont wanna be rough with side affects between now and then if you get me as having tests on 19th sept like ...anyways thanks for listening prob sound like broken record big time ...

Re: re-cymbalta ???

Hi, I could've written your post!
    I was on Mirtazapine at the end of last year/start of 2012 and it wasn't doing much apart from increase my appetite and help me sleep. I changed to Duloxetine at the start of April, and within a month I had turned around. I'm still on it now and it's been great.

Don't google side effects.. You may not have any! I had a few at the start, but they largely subsided pretty soon. I now had a bit of insomnia, but nothing I can't deal with.
    There is a duloxetine/cymbalta sub-section of this forum - I have a thread there called 'starting duloxetine', so maybe take a look at that.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

...Just an additional thought, make sure you come off the Mirt slowly - I came off too fast with hindsight and I think I had some panic attacks as a result.

If in doubt, speak to your doctor about the best way to change over.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

I have been taking cymbalta for around 4 months now and it has worked moderately well at curbing my depression.

I am currently on the highest dose which is 120mg and have experienced no side effects at all.
    We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

I had a very bad experience with duloxetine 60mg. It made me sick and nauseous (actual vomiting) I was also very giddy to the point of falling down. I went back on mirtazapine 45mg and haven't looked back . It has been excellent for alleviating my anxiety and depression. EJ

Thread Information