Thread: Friends

Friends

Hi guys is there an easy way of explaining my anxiety to y friends? they just dont get it i don't think. I have been friends wiith my friends for 18 years i love them to bits but i just dont feel as though i can talk to them about my anxiety. i cant seem to explain it to them, I am going to spain next week with them too on a hen night and im actually worried sick about going knowing that none of them understand me like my husband knows how to deal with me when im on one? ANy advice?

Re: Friends

Just go and tell them! They will understand you, don't worry! You don't know till you try!

I told my friends to think of a time when they have felt really frightened about something and the physical feelings they got. then I tell them that is how I feel most of the time for no obvious reason at all. They seemed to understand how I was feeling then.

i agree with clank just go and tell them i.m sure they will understand it was hard to tell my friends they say they understand i tell them about my anxiety as we all going on hol in sep i said i dont know if i can cope but she says u be fine ya with me and donna i cant see no reason why they wont understand keeping it bottled up is not good hun just invite them over to ya house for a nice cup of tea and a chat and just tell them

Hi i totally understand how u feel my mum is only person who understands not even my husband does i dont try to explain as feel embarresed to try to sometimes

Thread Information