Thread: melt down

melt down

hi. last few days i have been in melt down with anxiety witch has left mr feeling right down in the dumps.it starts for the moment i wake up sensations in stomach, heaving cold feeling. this has a knock on effect to me eating the thought of food makes me not want it even more, its becoming a battle
    its like when i do decide to eat its as though i am making myself and i dont want it really but know i must ive hardly eaten the last few days.

i have suffered from chronic anxiety for over 30 years on and off and to this day dont have a reason why.
    do we have to have a reason?

it got to the point on thurs I was ready to admit myself to physc hospital my thought were going everywhere well out of control to the point i thought i would be better in hosp. but deep down i know i would of hated in there they would prob just drug me up!!

anybody been on a phyc ward? make me come to my senses please as i think this all the time its so real going into hosp!!!

how do you cope not eating?
    irrational thought

any tips would help greatly you think \i would know all this I prob do but in mist of things forget
    have do you fill your days, as i dont work i have to think of things to do to fill me day and this a be a nightmare as well

thanks for reading xx

Re: melt down

Hi, I am feeling much the same at the moment. I try to eat little bits more often because I really do not feel like eating at all. Mornings are worse for me, as soon as I wake up I panic so I sit up straight away, open the curtains, put the tv on or my laptop or run a bath, anything really to try to distract me from the feelings. Then I try to eat a little bit of breakfast. Bananas are good if you can't face cereals.

I get that way too, I stop sleeping, eating,
    Every moment is filled with not feeling right, high anxiety,
    Crazy thoughts that can freak me out which makes my anxiety even worse!

All I know is to just breath through it, tell yourself you'll be ok.
    I make to do lists and I try to keep busy and finish some of the things on my list.

I am a control freak, I would be afraid of hospital too, them drugging me up.
    The biggest thing that puts me of my local is that the men and women are housed in the same unit.
    There's seperate bedrooms, but I'd be very paranoid to sleep . . .
    Also the mental health unit is used as a rehab so you get the local drug users and alcoholics in there too,
    I don't know what the place is like where you are.
    Maybe you could go visit? To see if you'd be comfortable there?

Some mental health hospitals are really nice and it might do you good

I understand how you feel about eating as I have been through it too. At this stage don't get too hung up about what you eat, just get something in. You will feel much better for it. Graze during the day rather than sitting with a plate of food if that helps. The hunger will make you feel nauseous and not wanting to eat which in itself becomes a cycle that you need to break. Drink lots of water too, you don't want to become dehydrated.
    Practise your relaxation and deep breathing exercises. It is difficult when you are so tense I know, but do them twice a day anyway.
    I found this helpful for me http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pearls-Wisdo...19276&sr=301-1 but we all need to find the one that we relate to ourselves.
    Get some exercise and fresh air, short walks and gardening are OK. Do you have problems going out? I am agoraphobic and have a habit here of assuming everyone else is .
    You have beaten this before and you can do so again. You just need to relearn the skills that will help.
    If you don't want to wait for CBT through your GP have a word with NoPanic. I have just completed a phone course with them and found them very helpful and supportive. In fact I have put my name down to do it all again. I don't know how long the waiting list is in your area but you may well find that you can complete a course with NoPanic while you are waiting for the NHS to find you a place. You can take control of your own recovery right now this way. Also give their helpline a call if you need. The helpliners are mostly in recovery themselves and will totally understand your anxieties and worries without judging you.

thanks everyone. how come all our coping skills go out the window when were in a state. still yhe thought of food make my mouth water and when i have decided to get something its a great effort to get it down. i have to say to myself come on girl you need food i only eat things like soup yoghurt fish nothing only small amounts. already tomorrow is becoming a task of what can i have. its separate meals for me my partner may have the same but my son is quite fussy partner will eat anything. Ive no interest or enthusiasum to cook or anything else come to think of it.
    will this change or am i in a depressed state, i scared i wont come out of it.
    i feel sorry for my partner cause, when i do talk its mainly about me he must be pissed off with me.
    am not agrophobic but at this rate could end up being, I need a kick up the back side
    am I feeling sorry for my self, I hate feeling like this and having these sensations going through my body, like I say morning are really bad and I cant wait to go to bed to get away from it all but then dread the mornings .
    sorry for going on xx

Thread Information