Thread: A message to IBS pain sufferers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A message to IBS pain sufferers.

Ok being and IBS sufferer myself I understand that we need to know wht pain is normal and what isnt normal for us individually.
    When I get new symptoms and symptoms that seem to be unusual for me I always make sure I tell my GP about them as this will keep you safe from anything that could be happening. Letting them know is very important.

However if the pain ever gets really bad, worse than you ever had it then I would advise to go to your GP again and please mentiion to them that you think it could be diverticulitis. my mum had this and nearly ended up in hospital it can be serious if not treated. She had two weeks of strong antibiotics and has come right.

But all Im saying is please get it checked if it does not seem normal to you or if the pain is worse than normal especially if its lasting longer than normal too.

Re: A message to IBS pain sufferers.

I have IBS but also Crohn's.

I recently had a sigmoidoscopy and was told I have diverticular disease as well so it is hard to tell what causes all my pains and problems at times.

Thanks for the information.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

omg poor u nic ibs is bad enough but crohns and diverticulr how do u cope hun. my dad has diverticular as well

All good Nicola.

Im sorry to hear that you have been suffering so much. But yeah I think its important for everyone to know. i never heard about it until mum had it recently.

I spend a lot of time on the loo spuder lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

oh dear poor u nic

Apparently with diverticular you need a high fibre diet and to avoid pips and seeds as these can get stuck in the holes in the bowel.

With Crohn's I need a low fibre diet so I can't win really !

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Apparently with diverticular you need a high fibre diet and to avoid pips and seeds as these can get stuck in the holes in the bowel.

Aww hun thats awful
    I find diets are such a pain and I never can stick to them so Im pretty bad and go oh well. Im suppose to be dairy free to reduce my reflux but I never stick to that.

I am sorry you go through such a bad time when things get bad its horrible aye. I dont understand everything you go through but I usually have pain and diarrhoea every morning and there is a time I need to be by the toilet just in case. Even this makes me feel really low and want to cry.

If you ever need to talk Im always here to listen because I do understand feeling depressed because of bowel problems.

Hope you have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post

How on earth do you manage to eat? What sort of diet have you found works for you (if you have found anything)?

Thanks PinkRoxy

I have to eat low fibre so white bread and not brown, white rice not brown, remove all skin from fruit (I rarely do this though as I cannot be bothered to peel a grape for instance), I cannot eat potato skins, I can only have one portion of fruit and veg a day not 5, no dried fruits and nuts (I do eat these sometimes), avoid cereals like shredded wheat (rice crispies are ok) - that sort of thing.

I get by eating most things though - just be aware of the fibre content.

Thread Information