Thread: Want to Run Away

Want to Run Away

I have had to deal with anxiety all my life. Over the years it has ranged from health to social anxiety. I have had it under control the past few years but I fear it is coming back....

Basically I suffered with a noisy neighbour about 4 years ago. It made my life hell and I ended up on Seroxat which I was on for 2 years. I came off it last year because I fell pregnant. I seem to be very sensitive of noise which I think was triggered by this previous noisy neighbour.

At the moment I am on maternity leave so am at home all day on my own with my baby. The person that lived next door to me has moved out and now the house is owned by two young lads. They come round at weekends to do jobs on it as they are doing it up to rent it out. I'd heard they'd got a tenant lined up for December which is meant to be a lady with two children, which is fine. However, I am worried sick that they will end up letting it to some young singletons who will be partying 24/7 and basically making our lives hell. I can't have that, not now I have a 3 month old baby. I am constantly on edge, whenever I hear a noise I jump up and race to the front window to see if it's anyone coming next door. When the lads come round next door to work on the house they have loud music playing. It's got to the point where I just dread weekends again. We live in a quiet cul de sac and all the neighbours are either families or retired couple and I just feel so unlucky that we are the ones that live next door to a house which is owned by a couple of young lads.

Our house is on the market at the moment and we've had 9 viewings in a week and one lousy offer. I am SO desperate to get out of here and I just feel like we are going to be trapped here forever. The house next door looks a mess at the moment because of the work that's going on and I fear that it's going to put these people that are viewing off.

Right now there's a bloke round there in a van. Don't know what he's doing in there but I can actually hear him talking. Ridiculously thin walls.

Basically, I feel like running away. I feel like just grabbing my baby, walking out the door and not coming back. When i've been out of the house for a few hours, just the drive back to our house makes me feel like I am going to vomit. I can't believe it's having this affect on me. I don't want to take anti-depressents again but I just don't know how to beat this constant panic. Please help.

Re: Want to Run Away

Hey hun - It sounds like you are having a real struggle,

Instead of focusing on who will be moving in focus on you moving out! Be excited to be getting away from it!! Look forward to starting your new life with your family! I know it's annoying when people say this but don't worry about what is next to you - focus on the positives!!!

I will be honest - you could still be living there by december when the new tennants move in BUT you will be so busy getting your stuff ready to move out that whoever moves in next door to you shouldn't matter.

Try to keep yourself busy - when they come round at weekends go out! Even if it's for a 20 minute walk with your little one. Just keep yourself busy when you know there will be noise coming.

You can't control who is going to move in but you can control your move out!

Good luck =) xxx

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Thread Information