Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 75mg-150mg?

75mg-150mg?

Ive been on 75mg Ven for 12 days, my doctor today suggests i go up to 150mg now.

Im a bit worried to do so, because ive only just settled on 75mg?
    Im worried about more side effects etc, and i may be ok on just 75mg anyway? what are the advantages of upping the dose?
    whats everyones thoughts? and also how long did other people wait before jumping up to 150mg? Thanks

Re: 75mg-150mg?

Hi. How do you feel on the 75mg? If you feel ok and that dosage is working don't alter it. 12 days is a very short time. I take 75mg and they took quite a while to kick in, about 6 weeks.In the meantime my doctor wanted to up the dose and I declined. I'm glad I didn't cos after 8 weeks I felt really ok. Try and stick out longer would be my advice at least for a month and then see how you feel Good Luck

Its hard to say how i feel on 75mg, because its only been a short time since the SE's have eased? I dont feel great but im not going to after 12 days?

Gav - my advice, stick with 75 for a couple more weeks and see how you get on.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Pip, how will i know if i need to up the dose? Thanks

Gav,

Wait till the side effects have died right down (should be within a couple of weeks) and see how you feel. If you're still getting anxious in a similar way to before you started the meds, chances are you'd benefit from an increase.

I was determined to give it as long as possible because I'm not a fan of meds really and wanted to settle on the lowest possible dose. Others on here knew it wasn't working fully so increased and felt much better. Others went up and then back down again. I guess the only answer is to give it time and then use your instinct.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Cheers pip, im going to see how this week goes at 75mg, by the way do you know what the difference is with the slow release Venlafaxine, im due to change to these now. Does it make alot of difference taking them? pros and cons?

Gav - no cons just pros:

Only need to take them once a day
    Less nausea
    Less sleep disruption if you take them in the morning
    Generally more stable delivery so less up and down

Pip

Hey Pip, when you upped your dose to 150mg did you have many side effects again?
    cheers.

Gav pips only on 75mg but im on 150mg and when i increased i did it in stages, 37.5mg at a time to reduce the side effects, the only side effects from increasing i got were heightened anxiety for a wk or so which i used diazepam to help with, its not as bad increasing as the start up effects xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information